WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Turmeric Skincare Benefits: Top Five Indian Beauty Secrets
It has been centuries since the beauty benefits of turmeric were recognized in India. What else could account for the age old ceremony of ‘haldi’ in Indian marriages when turmeric paste is rubbed on the face and arms of the bride? Perhaps one of the most well-known and frequently used items you would come across in any Indian kitchen, turmeric is used amply as a flavoring and coloring ingredient in a variety of Indian dishes. Apart from being an aid to almost every Indian culinary delight, this golden spice has a wide range of application in Ayurvedic skin-care treatments and its claim as a natural beauty product goes unparalleled. With only a little effort, you can manage to incorporate turmeric as a part of your daily skincare regimen and make the most of this ‘Indian Saffron’.
Top Five Reasons To Use Turmeric For Skin:
1. It is a natural and inexpensive way to care for your skin; it is available widely in the market in powder, paste and dried root forms at cheap rates.
2. It is endowed with antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties; that is why, it is a useful component in skincare recipes.
3. It contains a compound known as ‘curcumin’ which forms the yellow pigment; this in turn functions as a coloring agent to impart a brighter skin complexion.
4. When taken internally, turmeric acts as an effective blood purifier which, in turn, helps to improve the condition of your skin.
5. Turmeric is an anti-oxidant that assists in attacking free radicals to give a youthful looking skin, devoid of rashes and other disorders.
Turmeric Skincare Recipes: Top Five Beauty Problems Solved
1. Turmeric to treat acne: Turmeric face masks are very effective in treating acne. Mix some turmeric with sandalwood powder and apply it on your face. Keep for about ten minutes and wash off. Make a turmeric scrub to cure acne faster. Mix turmeric powder with a few drops of mustard oil and lemon juice. Apply it directly on your acne. Leave on for fifteen minutes and scrub gently. Wash with plain water. Do it three times every week. Drink a glass of warm milk in which you have stirred a spoon of turmeric. This will help to improve your immunity and at the same time, boost your system to get rid of acne.
2. Turmeric to treat pigmentation: Mix turmeric with lemon juice and apply it your face once everyday. Regular application of this paste would help to combat pigmentation efficiently. If you do not have lemon at home, you can substitute it with cucumber juice.