WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
VLCC Anti-Tan Facial Kit
Hello beauties :)) :))
Today I am going to review the “VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit” (the salon series) for you people. I’ve fair-wheatish, oily-combination skin and get very easily tanned. Last year I was searching for some detan products in big bazaar and the SA started telling me about this home facial kit from VLCC and how they are getting very good reviews. I noticed the tag “for professional use only”, but then it’s very easy for anybody to follow the simple directions and do the facial at home only. So finally after much confusion I got this.
Over to the review
Net content: 1.VLCC Oat Meal Scrub (5 sachets x 10g each) – Face Scrub
2. VLCC Melawhite Gel (5 sachets x 10g each) – Detan Gel
3. VLCC Melawhite Powder (5 sachets x 10g each) – Detan Powder
4. VLCC Pista (5 sachets x 10g each) – Hydrating Facial Massage Cream
5. VLCC Melawhite Pack (5 sachets x 10g each)- Detan Pack
And there is also this instruction manual with the direction for use, like after scrub you have to follow it with the detan gel – detan powder – massage Cream and lastly the detan Pack. Don’t have it with me now :chewnails: . But it’s already been more than a year so I guess that is fine :smug:
Expiry: use before 24 months from date of manufacture.
I know what you are thinking! Yes, all of that only for 325 INR. :woot: :woot: :tongue:
What VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit claims
This specially prepared VLCC Anti-Tan Facial Kit is based on age old Ayurvedic recipes which have been developed for specific treatment by using latest scientific production techniques.
Coming down to the individual products now.
1. VLCC Oat Meal Scrub(with oat meal & olive oil): This powder based preparation of natural scrub particles of oatmeal, helps in exfoliating dead epithelial cells, blackheads and white patches. The goodness of olive oil moisturizes the skin and leaves it feeling soft and hydrated.
2. VLCC Melawhite Gel (Detan Gel with cucumber & seaweed extracts): ok now. This is confusing. :waiting: I never noticed this earlier. Let me explain. All the sachets have directions, ingredients and few lines about how it works!!! But then in the picture below u can see cucumber and seaweed extracts and in the back it’s written “This exclusive pack with clove and long pepper extracts controls the excessive secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands. It leaves the skin revitalized, fresh and shine free.” :stars: :stars: :stars:
So what I did was, goggled the Ingredients and to my surprise I couldn’t find sea weed or even clove (I could see cucumber though!) ?:). I don’t even have another sachet of gel left for checking. May be they somehow printed the wrong thing. :spank: :spank: :spank: after reading the direction I am sure the write up is not for the gel. :scream: :pan: I mean who uses a gel as a pack!!!! :hunterwali: And in that direction manual it was very clearly mentioned that you have to massage it with your fingers for 5-8 minutes & then wash off with water.
3. VLCC Melawhite Powder (with pomegranate and almond cake powder): Again the same mistake here. :pissedoff:
4. VLCC Pista Hydrating Facial Massage Cream (with pista & Rose petal extracts): This unique formulation enriched with pista and rose petal extract gives cellular protection and hydration to the skin. This makes the skin softer, visibly radiant and glowing.
5. VLCC Melawhite Detan Pack (with winterchery & aloevera extract): This pack contains pineapple and turmeric which, brightens, lightens & evens out dull, patchy & damaged skin. It also helps lighten tanned skin. (That’s what they claim!!!) :stars:
I googled and found sunflower, ashwagandha and almond extracts but where is pineapple, and turmeric. Seriously VLCC should give equal importance & check the correct packaging and the write-ups behind their products. :hrmph:
My Experience with VLCC Anti Tan Facial Kit
I have this kit with me for quite some time now. So I can safely say it’s a good detan kit to have. Whenever I’ve had a deep tan, I’ve noticed significant improvement in my skin tone with its regular use. Since last year I must have used it at least 15-20 times and I still have sachets left from each. So you can easily guess the quantity. (And the pack says “for 5 facials”. :specs: I can guarantee you there is nobody on this earth who can use up the contents of a single sachet in a single application, unless he/she is going for the whole body detan process.) :vampire: :vampire:
Pros of VLCC Anti-Tan Facial Kit
1. When used regularly (by that I mean every week!!!)It does help remove the tan and evens out the complexion.
2. Smells good (all the products), may be a little too strong for some people, but still it’s nice.
3. Lasts a life time. So value for money is good.
4. Works well even if you use the products separately.
5. All natural, if they actually have what’s written in the ingredient list.
Cons of VLCC Anti-Tan Facial Kit
1. The detan pack inside the sachet tend to dry out even when kept inside the fridge.
2. I find it really tedious. There are 5 products and it takes so much time to do everything properly (may be because it’s a salon kit). So generally I skip the detan powder and massage cream part.
3. Packaging is real bad. They can pack them in small containers like those biotique dabbas. Storing the thing properly is a headache. The powders tend to gather moisture and the pack n gel tend to dry out if kept in the open.
4. The ambiguity in the ingredient list!!!! (Just because it’s “for professional use” and chances of people actually getting to know the contents inside doesn’t mean they should write whatever they want :nonono: :nonono: :smug: )
My rating 3.5 out of 5
The final verdict
Good for those who have significant tan. I’ve been using this since ages and I am really bored now (waiting for it to get over now). I’ll prefer some detan gel and pack separately than this whole kit thing.
VLCC Skin Defense Range
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
VLCC Fruits Anti Tan Pack
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
Daily Beauty Tips – Skin Lighteners/ Tan Removers
How to Remove Face Tan
Jovees Anti Tan and Clarifying Herbal Face Pack
Kajal Wars : VLCC vs Lotus Herbals vs Himalaya
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips