Summer’s here – the season for shorts, skirts, ice cream and long, fun-filled days. I’m sure all of you have already got out your summer dresses and skirts, and have made parlour visits a regular! Here are some awesome tips I found on how to keep your legs smooth for all those adorable summer clothes you want to wear!
1. Moisturize before you shave: While most of us who shave our legs slather on the moisturizer before shaving, it’s actually more important to apply it only after you shave. This is because putting it beforehand clogs your pores, and often you tend not to reach all the hair till its root, leading to all that annoying stubble. But always remember that the best time to apply lotion is right after taking a shower, to prevent stubble and tiny hair growth.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
2. Try waxing: Waxing is the best way, hands down, to keep your legs smooth. Not only does it pull out hair from the root, it also reduces hair growth over a period of time. Whether you get it done from a professional or do it yourself though, be careful and don’t use wax this is heated too much, and pull off strips the right way.
3. Do it right: When you shave, make sure you use a good quality shaving foam or gel that is formulated for shaving – if you use soap or conditioner it won’t give you the same results. Shave slowly to reduce the risk of nicks and cuts, and make sure you don’t use a blunt razor. Move the razor blade from your ankles up to your knees gently.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
4. Don’t use hot water: Hot water is really bad for your skin, in that it dries skin out and saps it of its moisture. So, when you shave, don’t use very hot water, else your legs will end up smooth but very dry. Lukewarm water will strike the right balance because cold water is also bad for shaving.
5. Olive This: Olive oil is one of the best things ever to be invented because it’s used to make yummy food and also lets you do so much with your beauty routine. Well, try this – after you shave, massage some olive oil into your legs in the night before you sleep. You will wake up with smooth, baby-soft legs!
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
6. Exfoliate, exfoliate and exfoliate: It’s important to use a good scrub to exfoliate your legs, especially since it helps in getting rid of dead skin cells and also gets more of the hair follicle. Use a salt-based or a sugar-based scrub, or make one at home with some of the tons of ideas on IMBB!
7. Laser it off: Of course, if you prefer to find a permanent solution, laser treatments are the best option. They get rid of the hair from the root in a few sessions, and you never have to bother about hair on your legs again. There are a few useful posts about this here as well. Or, you could opt for depilatory creams if you have the patience! Some of you have tried epilators, so that’s yet another option.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
8. Soak it up: It always helps to soak your legs in warm water beforehand, for about fifteen to twenty minutes. You could even add a bath bomb or bubble bath with moisturizer in it to make your legs even more smooth, for a close shave.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
I hope these tips helped! Flaunt those gorgeous gams the next time you wear a dress.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Leg : Skin Care for Great Legs
How To Wax Your Legs
Best Home Treatment For Ingrown Hair
How to Make Your Legs Summer Ready
How to use an Epilator – Experience and Tips
Leg Skin Care Tips
Revlon Smooth and Glamorous Gentle 2 in 1 Hair Removal System
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips