Skin needling is one of the old fashion methods which has become the new black in the market currently. It is also known as micro needling therapy or collagen induction therapy. This method varies from rest of the skin treating methods. This is an exciting treatment which helps in treating your skin texture, pigmentation, wrinkles, fades scars and blemishes and also brightens up the skin.
Skin needling is considered to be the safest needling process and unlike laser and various other treatments, it creates minimum wound on the skin which is filled back as soon as possible. During skin needling, the needle punctures the skin deeply which creates a micro hole and wound on the area which later helps to replace the damaged skin with new collagen and pigmentation. This replacement of damaged skin with the new one helps to reduce the wrinkles, scars and blemishes on the skin.
Mostly these needles are attached to a device which targets the upper most layer of the skin which is 90% damaged and filled with dust. The machine is rolled in a criss-cross motion on the skin and continued for the next 20-30 minutes. You may see some redness and inflammation on the skin which is not something to be worried about.
Different Types Of Machines with Needles:
There are various skin needling devices including Derma roller® (Derma roller GmbH); Dermapen™ (Equip med Pty Ltd; Australia) Derma-Stamps™ (Derma roller USA) and radial discs incorporating fine micro needles of various diameters and lengths, fabricated from a wide range of materials such as silicon, glass, metals, and polymers. The needles are up to 3 mm in length.
Types of Needles:
Needles less than 0.25 m does not cause any trauma or damage to the skin. Infact such minimum sized needles can help to give you an even pigmentation and also boost collagen on the skin. They penetrate easily into your skin which helps to fight against the wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. It is always recommend opting for these types of small needles since they are skin friendly.
Rest of the needles are 1.5 to 2 m which can be harsh and hazardous over the skin. The potential for breaking the skin, drawing fluids, causing injury and subsequent risk of infection is much higher with these needles. Extreme caution is needed while using these sized needles. They can even result in complication of various skin problems.
Benefits of Skin Needling:
• Reduces pores on the skin.
• Treats the uneven pigmentation.
• Fades scars and blemishes on the skin.
• Fights against the aging factor.
• Softens the skin.
• Fades stretch marks.
• Restores elasticity.
• Tightens sagging skin.
• Minimizes acne breakout.
• Increases the effectiveness of cream.
• Reduces oil level on the skin.
Why You Should Go For Skin Needling:
• Skin needling is very cheap as compared to various laser and beauty treatments.
• According to research, it is only skin needling which gives minimum wounds on the skin.
• It is suitable for all kind of skin and there are positive results recorded from people having sensitive and thin skin.
• The inflammation is somewhere near like you have just undergone a piercing.
• The process is well tolerated.
• You can see the results after a few days and resume back to the therapy when you feel your skin is sagging again.
• The treatment does not include any special training , all you need to remember is to be careful near the eye areas and use it gently.
Things to Remember:
• The procedure takes around 30-60 minutes depending on the area where it is to be treated.
• No lotions and creams are to be applied on the area treated at least on that day.
• Do not exfoliate the skin on the day of your appointment.
• It is always recommended to take the appointment after 14 days of your precious appointment.
• The professionals will apply a numbing cream on the area to be diagnosed and this is known as local anesthesia.
• Sun protection after the treatment is very important.
• If you see extreme redness on the face, apply Aloe Vera gel and leave it overnight.
• Before going to the bed, the face should be cleaned by a gentle cleanser so that the dirt or germs transferred from the needles are removed easily.
All You Need To Know About Mineral Makeup
All You Need To Know About Oxygen Facial
All You Need To Know About Ingrown Hair
All You Wanted To Know About Sunscreens
Gel Nails – All You Want to Know!!
6 Things You Need to Start Loving About Your Body Today
8 Beauty Tips & Tricks Every Woman Needs to Know