Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss Review and Swatches
Hello beauties, hope you all doing great. Today I will review lip glosses by Ambika Pillai. Ambika Pillai as everyone knows is a well-known make-up artist. She has quite a few range of make-up products by her name. I got opportunity of buying some of the products online. Hope you find this review useful.
Price: Around 450/- (I got it on sale from fashionandyou website)
- Fifi: A cute pink with fine silver shimmer
- Yum-yum: Muted pinkish brown with fine gold shimmer
Ambika Pillai launched her Lite collection last year which is a great hit among our celebs. I personally never got anything from her collection before this. So this is my first encounter with this brand. And I am loving it!
The shades are pretty. The packaging is like never before. The tubes are sturdy rectangular. They come with a mirror which is a plus point. Also the gloss has doe-tip applicator, which I prefer and what more! It comes with a light. Yes they have included a white light on the applicator with a round button on the outside. Cute isn’t it!
But I doubt where it would be useful? Who is going to see you in dark anyways!!! 😛
May be Delhi-walon ke liye fayda hai……bohot electricity jaati hai na! So make-up geeks can apply glosses and lipsticks in the dim lights too. :tounge:
I loved the shades I got. It is nicely pigmented. But the gloss is somewhat runny. As in I don’t like the consistency of it. May be that’s because of the Castor oil. (this is no way connected to Rads :treamble: )
However, apart from this I have no complaints. I like the shine it gives. And it does not settle in the fine lines of my lips. The glitter is not chunky. Shimmer is just in correct proportion to give you nice shiny pout without being OTT! Staying-power is just 3-4 hours. Not like M.A.C lipglasses. So you need touch-ups. I think that is because of the light, non-sticky texture.
Look at the lights! I used this as torch in dark lanes on my recent visit to Shimla. :toothygrin:
This is the side mirror which I find very useful. I don’t have to carry an extra mirror in my bag anymore. Saves space!
And here are the swatches of the gloss. Can you see the shimmer in it. And shades are such pretty…hai na?
Fifi is my favourite pink right now. And Yum-Yum I love for nude lips. :))
This is how the gloss looks on my lips. I have applied Yum-Yum very lightly and hence the true color has not been picked by my cam. :((
Pros of Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss
- Pretty shades.
- Shimmer is fine and does not settle in fine lines.
- Non-sticky and light-weight. You actually don’t feel you are wearing it on your lips. 🙂
- Cheaper compared to other high-end brands.
- Contains natural ingredients.
- Highly moisturizing. You can skip the lip balm if you wearing this.
Cons of Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss
- Contains methyl paraben :tremble:
- Staying power is less. You need touch-ups.
- Availability. I don’t know any shop which sells these products. If anyone knows please mention in the comments. 🙂
- I personally like my lip glosses to smell nice like M.A.C vanilla one. This has a nutty smell which I don’t prefer.
My rating: :-* :-* :-*
Would I get it again?
Probably because I like the shades. But I may try not to because of the parabens.
Have you tried Ambika Pillai Lipgloss? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick Lure, Flame Review, Swatch, Photos
- VOV CANDY Water Shine Lip Gloss – Review and Swatches
- Bath and Body Works Liplicious Lip Gloss Sheer (Black Cherry) Review
- Avon Goldshine Lipgloss in Ruby Luster Review
- Bourjois Rose Exclusif Lip Gloss Review, Experiment
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gloss Photos and Swatches