L’oreal Hip Studio Secrets Professional Kohl Eyeliner Review
What the Company claims about the Product:
Discover the secret for dramatic, Smokey eye definition. HIP STUDIO SECRETS professional kohl eyeliner lets you create a velvety, smooth line that’s perfect for day or night. The loose, iridescent kohl technology delivers intense, long wearing results with a hint of sparkling glimmer.
Expert Application Technique:
• Line eyes from corner to corner.
• Go light for a Smokey effect.
• Go Lush for more dramatic impact.
• For a complete look, apply eyeliner after your favorite HIP studio secrets professional eye shadow
Science Behind the Beauty:
This ultra fine, loose kohl powder with a touch of iridescence is smudge proof, color dense & stays in place all day long. The built –in ultra fine felt tip applicator lets you line eyes from corner to corner for smooth, flawless definition.
Price, $13 that comes around INR 600 .
Shades: Black kohl- Brown kohl- Gold kohl-Burgundy kohl-Teal kohl-Navy kohl
The shade that I have is BURGUNDY KOHL
This is how it looks on my eyes
(I know I am not very good at this, but I tried to make it look ok ok )
This is how it looked after 3 hours, without using a primer/base
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT
I have heard a lot about L’Oreal’s HIP range of eye shadows, So asked my friend returning from US to get me something from it. she got me this.
The product basically claims to be a kohl eyeliner. I tried using as a liner but it would just fade off in some time if applied as it is. With a eyeliner sealer it gave a better finish and stayed on for long. I read its bottle and it was mentioned HIGH INTENSITY PIGMENTS. So, I tried using it as an eye shadow by tapping out some product on my hand and got pretty decent results. So from now on, I will be using this just as an eye shadow instead of liner. This indeed gives really intense Colour with awesome pigmentation & blends easily. The prominent shimmer makes it apt for party eye makeup. Overall I like this product, but only as an eye pigment but not much as a liner.
Pros of Hip Studio Secrets Proffessional Kohl Eyeliner:
• Just a little product gives intense Colour
• Pigmentation is pretty decent
• Easy to apply & use with the given wand/applicator.
• Sleek packaging, easy to carry.
• The eye shadow doesn’t smudge a lot and stays in place for a long time.
• Fine texture, blends easily.
Cons of Hip Studio Secrets Proffessional Kohl Eyeliner:
• Fades off if applied as a liner without a liner sealer/primer.
• Can’t be used on the waterline because of the shimmer particles.
• Not easily available in India
• Contains parabens.
Will I buy it again?
No, I would rather buy a pigment only rather than buying a liner that doesn’t work well as one 😛 😛 😛
IMBB Rating- 3.5 / 5 :-* :-* :-*
Have you used L’Oreal Hip Studio Secrets Professional Kohl Eyeliner? Please rate in the box below
Avon Glimmersticks EyeLiner
Double Winged EyeLiner
L’Oreal Paris HIP Cream Shadow Paint
L’Oreal Paris HiP Concentrated Shadow Duo in Mischief
Bourjois Khol & Contour Eyeliner Pencil
Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner