This is my first beauty writeup on IMBB. I am thankful to Rati for considering me and allowing me to write on her blog. I’m also thankful to all the IMBB girls for giving such wonderful reviews about different products. Now let me tell you something about me. I was always a makeup geek since my child hood, but never actually got the opportunity to explore it in right direction. I never thought that I will ever be able to find such kind of blogs which gives so much gyan about overall enhancement. I mean girls just love to enhance themselves all the time (at least I do it and many of you too) so one fine day I came across IMBB, and from there my life was enlightened, full of joy and happiness to see this beautiful blog (I know that was too filmy). Okay this is a review of
Banana Boat Sport UVA and UVB Sunscreen Lotion
Direction- Apply generously and evenly to all areas 15 minutes before sun exposure.
Ingridients- Aqua Ethytextyl Methaxycinnamate, Benzophenone-3, Ethylthexyl Salicylate Sleanic Acid, Steary Alcohol,Polythylene, Meltyl Acelyl Ricinoleate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Tilaniium Dioxide, Isopropyl Wyristate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoale, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Silica Octladecence/MA, Copolymer, Ceteareth-20, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Alumina, Plyhtydroxystearic Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Quaternium-15, Triethanolamine, Tocopherol, DMDM Hydantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trisodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Aloe Barbadensis, Iodopropymyl Bulylcarbamate, Contains Oxybenzone.
This is a sunscreen that I have been wanting to purchase for ages, but because of its non availability I was unable to get my hands on it. I was using lotus sunscreen in matte before being introduced to banana bout sunscreen.
One day I had gone to this medical shop to buy some other beauty stuff and obviously since summers were around the corners, I decided to buy all the sun protecting stuff for myself. All of a sudden the SA told me that they have this cute looking new sunscreen. The moment I saw it I grabbed this little baby. I was so elated to see this that I didn’t even asked the cost and swiped my card. Though it cost me 320 bucks for 118 ml, I have no regrets investing 310 on a sunscreen cause I know I have a product worth the money.
What the company has to say?
Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 is sweat resistant, so it won’t block perspiration and continue to protect your skin. This special fragrance-free and non-greasy formula is water resistant and non- comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
What is the difference between UVA and UVB? After surfing the internet I got this.
UVA rays: These are less likely to cause sunburn than UVB rays, but they penetrate your skin more deeply. Watch out because UVA rays can go through windows, lightweight clothing, and even your car windshield. Prolonged exposure cracks and shrinks the collagen and elastic in your skin, which is why UVA rays are responsible for signs of aging including wrinkles, saggy and leathery skin, and suns spots.
UVB rays: These are responsible for tanning your skin, but they also cause sunburn. UVB rays are the main culprit when it comes to skin cancer. These rays also go through windows, and it doesn’t matter if it’s cloudy — you’re still at risk for exposure.
Although both types are responsible for different health risks, they’re equally harmful to skin. So if you’re planning to enjoy the day outdoors, lube up with a sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays 20 to 30 minutes before heading out. Reapply at least every two hours.
I have been using it from the last one and a half months now and trust me I’m loving it. This sunscreen is perfect for all skin type. Mine is a neutral kind of skin, so it goes perfectly with my skin. It’s a completely non-greasy oil-free sunscreen. When I used it for the first time I got a bit worried to see the granular particles in the cream. Yes it has granular particles but when you rub it on your face with your hands, it completely vanishes and settles on your skin. The key ingredients to search for UVA defense are Mexoryl or Mexoryl-Sx, Avobenzone or 3% (not 2%) Parsol 1789, Zinc Oxide, and Titanium Dioxide.
Pros of Banana Boat Sport UVA and UVB Sunscreen Lotion
• It’s totally Non-Greasy.
• Although it claims to be fragrance free product, but it still have fragrance. It smells weird, but the best part is that the smell doesn’t stay for long, as you applies it on the face the smell just vanishes. I Don’t Know, weather this is a pro or a con for the product.
• I usually tan a lot during summers. But this summer was great for me as I dint tan at all. Thanks to banana boat sunscreen.
• Thought mixing up this sunscreen lotion with a moisturizer is not required, as it really blends well. But I do mix my moisturizer with it(May be I have the habit of doing so. but it’s not required)
Cons of Banana Boat Sport UVA and UVB Sunscreen Lotion
• After applying the product. I sweat a lot, which is fine with me as it ensures that the product is working. But this sweating will wipe up the sunscreen on the sweat areas.
• Smells weird at the start.
• Have to reapply after swimming and towel drying.
• Unavailability in India. I mean it’s not available in all places; neither has it had any stores in India. It is available only in some selected medical stores. So girls better start searching.
• I purchased it at 320 INR. I consider it as a con because spending 300 on a sunscreen is not worth it, when we are getting sunscreens at cheaper rate which do equal justice. But its oil free criteria will always force me to buy this.
Will I repurchase?
Yes, Definitely. Over all I just love the product. I m using it daily and going to use it unless I find something better than this. I bought mine in mid of April…and still half of it is remaining.
Rating- 4/5. 1 deducted due to non availability.
Will I recommend?
Yes if you can find it anywhere closer to your place.
Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
Avon Sunblock Lotion SPF 40
Jovees Sunscreen and Fairness Lotion SPF 25
VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion (SPF 30)
Ayur Sunscreen Protection + Fairness SPF 30