WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Avon Sunblock Lotion
With the onset of summer I was looking for a Sunblock with higher SPF & decided to get this Avon sunblock with PA+++. A few sunscreen labels list a “PA” ranking, which refers to the amount of protection the sunscreen offers from the UVA rays. PA rankings are listed as PA+, PA++ or PA+++. The more +’s, the more protection from UVA rays.
What does Avon Claim about this cream
A light & gentle Sun Block lotion, specially water-resistant formulated for high protection from sun burn & tanning , suitable for sensitive skin. Dermatologist tested.
- Retains SPF after 80 minutes of perspiration & activity under water
- Contains AloeVera.
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- Higher protection from both aging ray UVA & burning ray UVB.
- Very water/ sweat resistant formula.
- Leaves skin looking & feeling softer & suppler with the help of Aloe Vera extract.
Directions of Usage: Apply evenly 15-30 minutes before sun exposure. Reapply after 80 minutes in the water, excessive perspiration or prolonged activity.
Shell Life: 3 years from the manufactured date.
Ingredients: Water, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylene Gycol, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, PEG-8, Benzophenone-3, Butyloctylsalicylate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzyl Alcohol, Vp/Eicosene copolymer, triethanolamine, c30-38 olefin/ isopropyl maleate/ma copolymer, Carbomer, Acrylates/c10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methylparaben, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis leaf juice.
Price: Rs.249 for 50g
My Experience with Avon Sunblock Lotion
The sunblock lotion comes a nice cute blue colored bottle with a flip cap & is very light weight. The texture of the lotion is not too runny & the fragrance is very mild which lingers for a while & disappears. The lotion when applied leaves little greasiness so if this is applied along with your regular or tinted moisturiser, it can make the skin oilier. I felt the sunblock is effective for 3-4 hours & after I have to apply it again. Excessive sweating makes it wears out, so a re-application is needed. This lotion doesn’t cause any allergic reaction & will be certainly suitable for sensitive skin. This will not be suitable for people with oily skin because of the greasiness it leaves behind 7 may clog pores & you will need to keep blotting your face.
Pros of Avon Sunblock Lotion
• Has SPF 40 PA+++.
• Fragrance is not too over-powering.
• Travel friendly, can be easily carried in a bag.
• Little goes a long way; just pea-size amount is enough for the face & neck.
• Dermatologist tested.
Cons of the Face cream
• Excessive sweating will wear this out.
• Definitely not suitable for Oily skin because it leaves behind a little greasiness. People with dry skin may like it.
• This isn’t waterproof or sweat proof, it’s water-resistant, reapplication will require.
• It’s an expensive sunblock at Rs.249 which is neither water-proof nor sweat-proof. There are other sun blocks in the market with the same amount of SPF at a lesser price.
Will I repurchase this? No, will try some other brand.
Will I recommend this? I’m not sure I’ll recommend this because it makes the skin very oily & gives a shiny finish & it isn’t sweat proof either.
Have You Tried Avon Sunblock Lotion Before? Please Rate in the Box Below:
Sunscreen: Sunscreens Facts, SPF and Application
Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner
Avon Little Black Dress Eau de Parfum
Avon Naturals Violet and Lychee Shower Gel
Avon Sun Smooth UV Gel
Sun Safe -Lotus Herbals SunBlock Reviews – SPF 40, SPF 60
Difference Between Sunscreen and Sunblock
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray with SPF 50
VLCC Surya Sandal Sun Block Lotion SPF 30
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50