It’s a good time at trying new things, to unearth hidden talents, and also spend time on doing things that are productive. It’s also a wise idea to make your own beauty products, to save money and get natural and completely chemical-free products in the bargain. In this post, we would tell you about 10 beauty products that you can make at home:
Reasons to Make Beauty Products at Home:
- Cost effective and inexpensive, would not cost even one-fourth of your usual store-bought products.
- Can be made with easily available ingredients.
- You can customize the products according to your needs.
- No additives, no artificial colors.
- No preservatives, no parabens.
Here are a few ideas that you can try out and save some of your hard earned money.
1. Sugar Body Scrub: Take one-fourth cup ground coffee, one-fourth cup sugar, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 3 Vitamin E capsules (and extracted oil from the slit Vitamin E capsule). Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, you can add more oil if the mixture is too dry for your liking. Use this scrub on your entire body and massage gently for 10-15 seconds, concentrating more on problem areas like elbows, knees etc. Rinse with lukewarm water and apply moisturizer to retain the moisture in the skin. Coffee has been rumoured to reduce cellulite and help with varicose veins. Whether those claims are true or not, this scrub will definitely make your skin silky smooth. Additionally, here is a detoxifying ginger and lemon scrub that you can make to rejuvenate yourself.
2. Dandruff shampoo: Mix a few drops of lemon juice in with one egg. Beat the mixture until it becomes frothy. Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle and then apply it to the hair all over the head. Work it through thoroughly with your fingers or a large tooth comb. Cover hair with a plastic shower cap and wait between 15 and 45 minutes. Shampoo, condition and rinse for flake-free hair.
3. Hair mask: Take one tablespoon honey, two tablespoon castor oil and one egg. Mix all the ingredients well to form a paste and then apply this mask on your hair. Leave on for about an hour, then shampoo and condition as usual to add softness and shine to your dull and dry hair.
4. Moisturizing Lotion: Take 1/2 cup almond oil, 1/4 cup coconut oil, 1/4 cup beeswax (easily available online) and 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil. Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar. Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat. Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water. As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Use as you would regular lotion. Use within 6 months for best moisturizing benefits.
5. Massage Cream: Massage coconut oil gently on to the skin using your fingertips. Repeat this every night before going to bed and you will soon find a youthful glow radiating out of your skin. You can rinse off oil with a warm wash cloth to get rid of makeup from your face. Natural oils are very effective in fighting the fine lines on the skin.
6. Milk Powder Makeup Remover: This is probably one of the easiest way to remove makeup. Mix a little bit of milk powder with warm water and lo, your makeup remover is ready. It even takes down stubborn makeup. Here’s another homemade makeup remover with olive oil which would even remove waterproof makeup.
7. Homemade Sugar Lip Scrub with Almond Oil For Soft Lips: Take organic honey in a mixing bowl and put it in the microwave for 20-30 secs until warm. It’s always best to use organic products to get the most out of your DIY’s. Add sugar (white or brown) to the honey. Here, I have used 3/4th part granulated sugar and 1/4th part whole sugar grains for a better scrubbing experience. You can always tone down the exfoliating level of the scrub by changing the sugar consistency. Give it a nice stir with the spatula. Next take a Vitamin E capsule and puncture it with a sterilized safety pin and add it to the honey-sugar mixture. Lastly, add in 10 drops of pure sweet almond oil. I got this pure almond oil at a local medical shop. I carefully added it to the sugar scrub mixture and stirred it continuously. Next, begin filling your empty containers with the scrub mixture. And voila you’re done! There you have it! A lip scrub that’s easy to make at home
8. Rice and Milk Scrub for Polished Skin: Feel that your skin has turned dull and dark? Here’s an amazing rice and milk scrub to get clear and smooth skin.
9. Make Homemade Aloe Vera Gel in Two Ways: If you have run out of aloe vera gel, we show you two absolutely awesome ways to make aloe vera gel and store it for long without losing their natural goodness.
10. How To Make Coconut Milk Shampoo: To make this shampoo, you would need some natural ingredients like coconut milk and a little bit of your regular shampoo, here’s how you can make it.
11. How To Make Coconut Lemon Body Butter: Feel that your skin is going dry and stretchy even in summers? Then, try making this coconut and lemon body butter with easily available ingredients.
12. Homemade Natural Hair Oil: This natural hair oil promotes hair growth and reduces hair fall.