Thick and bushy eyebrows are never going to go out of fashion – you can shape them to your liking and they help add a beautiful dimension to the whole face. The increase in different type of brow products and their popularity is a testimony to women are giving more and more importance to making their eyebrows thick. However, not many of us are blessed with full and thick brows, and no matter how much product we apply, there’s nothing like a naturally thick brow. In this post, I’ll take you through some really quick and easy home remedies that you can try in order to promote the healthy growth of eyebrow hair. These are some of the best methods to grow eyebrow hair:
1. Castor oil: Castor oil is easily the most popular and most effective natural remedy to promote growth of eyebrow hair. The oil is rich with proteins, vitamins, antioxidants and fatty acids, all of which are essential nutrients to promote hair regrowth. Massage some castor oil into your eyebrows and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Do this once daily for 2-3 weeks to see results.
2. Olive oil: Olive oil is nourishing and rich with Vitamin E, which promotes the growth of eyebrow hair and also helps retain the dark pigment in the hairs. You could mix ½ teaspoon of olive oil with 2-3 drops of honey and massage the mixture into your eyebrows. Wash off with lukewarm water after 30 minutes. Repeat once daily for soft, thick and full eyebrows.
3. Coconut oil: The skincare superstar “coconut oil” can have effective results on eyebrow hair growth as well. For healthy and thick eyebrows, massage coconut oil into them every night and leave it on overnight. Wash off with plain water in the morning and repeat every night until you see results.
4. Vitamin E oil: Vitamin E oil is another excellent choice to promote eyebrow hair regrowth. Take a Vitamin E capsule and break it open to extract the oil from it. Apply this to your eyebrows and leave it on overnight for best results. You can wash your face as usual in the morning.
5. Onion juice: This may not be for everyone, owing to the pungent smell of onion, but it is an effective remedy nonetheless. Onions are a rich source of sulphur, which is great for promoting eyebrow growth. Take a little bit of onion juice and gently apply to the eyebrows using a Q-tip. After 15-30 minutes, take a little bit of lemon juice on another clean Q-tip to gently wipe it off. Repeat once every alternate day.
6. Milk: Milk is rich with nutrients like proteins and fats, which promote the growth of eyebrow hair. Take a little bit of whole or full fat milk and apply it to your eyebrows. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat once daily until you see results.
7. Egg yolk: Using egg yolk on your eyebrows can miraculously promote the growth of healthy and full eyebrows. Crack open an egg and separate the yolk from the white. Beat the yolk thoroughly so that you get a thick and creamy consistently. Taking a cotton swab or Q-tip and apply the egg yolk to your eyebrows and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and repeat the treatment once a week.
8. Aloe vera Gel: You can either apply pure aloe vera gel on its own on the brows or mix it with coconut or castor oil for additional boost. Aloe vera gel, with its wonderful hair stimulation properties, will help you grow beautiful eyebrows.
9. Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly: Some people have noticed that applying Vaseline or petroleum jelly overnight on their brows not only conditions their hair, it also helps in growing out brow hair, but one has to be patient enough to see results.
10. Wheatgerm Oil with Castor Oil: The rich vitamin E content in wheatgerm oil along with castor oil will help grow out hair on the scalp, eyelashes, and even eyebrows bushy.