Thick eyebrows are inevitably the most important feature on a woman’s face. Imagine if we had no eyebrows at all, scary right? It’s not a new thing to know that thick eyebrows are very much “in” this season, and everyone and anyone can carry it off easily provided they get the right shape. But few of us do have scarce eyebrow hair, so here are some home remedies for growing thicker eyebrows and growing them right!
• Castor Oil: Apply it before going to bed; massage it into your brows. Castor oil is not just lubricating and soothing but it also helps in resisting any microorganisms which hamper brow hair growth. Sometimes certain eczema is also responsible for hampering the growth of eyebrows, since it causes itching and irritation which further results in hair fall. For thick eyebrows, Castor oil must be applied at your brows twice a day, since it nourishes the root of the brow hair.
• Olive oil: Olive oil massages also augment the growth of brows. It makes them dark and soft. 🙂 Make sure you massage olive oil into your brows daily without fail. Always massage any oil into the direction of your brow hair growth.
• Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera gel is great for brow growth too. This will not only augment your brow growth but also make the skin at the brows soft and shiny. (no need of using highlighter then :P)
• Coconut Oil: Coconut oil massages works magic with your brows too. Whilst you apply it your hair, you can massage in the remnant oil into your brows. Coconut oil makes your brows thicker and darker.
• Milk: Dip a cotton dab or a sponge into milk and apply it on your brows. Rub the cotton or sponge into your brows. Do this as and when you get time. You can use coconut milk too.
• Shoe flower: Pluck a shoe flower from your garden and rib it on your brows.
• Fenugreek seeds: Grind fenugreek seeds into a paste and apply this paste on your brows at night or early in the morning hours before you take a bath.
• Almond Oil: Massage your brows with almond oil. You can also mix almond oil with the fenugreek seed paste and apply it on your brows.
• Lemon: Cut a slice of lemon and rub it on your eyebrows.
• Vaseline: Massage your eyebrows with Vaseline at least 2-3 times a day.
• Essential Oils: Mix equal quantities (that is around 1 teaspoon each, or may be few drops) of lavender oil, rosemary oil, thyme oil, scotch pine oil, sandalwood oil, lemon essential oil and olive oil together and dab it into a cotton ball and apply it on your eyebrows before going to bed. Do not forget not massage it into your eyebrows. You can use this oil mixture for your hair too.
• Onion: Fresh onion juice also helps in augmenting brow hair growth. It may be stinky but great at the price of thick eyebrows.
• Egg: Beat an egg yolk and apply it on your eyebrows with a cotton ball. Keep for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cold water. This helps in improving the hair follicle.
Other Home Remedies
• Vitamin deficiency also hampers the growth of eyebrows, so take multivitamins religiously. Make sure your body gets al the minerals and vitamins in appropriate quantities. Magnesium, silica, biotin, zinc, sulfur and vitamin B6 are the most important vitamins for your brow growth.
• Eyebrow restoration is a cosmetic way of getting back thick eyebrows. Talk to your doctor about it. ( I will be doing a detailed post about it, soon 🙂 )
• Use a brown pencil to volumize your eyebrows, then use a black one.
• Use an over-the-top counter eyebrow conditioner to augment the growth of the eyebrows. Use brow powders and brow wax too.
• If you want some urgent, urgent volume to your eyebrows, use brow gel or you can use mascara too. 🙂
• Have a protein rich diet. Remember, hair is structured of proteins, and your eyebrows are hair too. 😛
• Avoid a lot of threading and tweezing.
• Use a brow growth stimulator if you have too scarce brow hair. These stimulators mainly contain vitamins and minerals required to augment the growth of hair.
• Creams containing Retin A works well for augmenting brow hair growth.
• Minoxidil topical solution is also a great remedy for healthy brow growth. You should get this in medical shops easily.
That’s all ladies, I wish all these remedies work for you. 🙂
Threading: How to Thread your Eyebrows at Home
E.L.F. Eyebrow Stencil Kit Review
Select Eyebrow Shape According to Face Shape
Home Remedies for Blemishes
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Dry Skin Care: Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
Home Remedies for White Teeth
20 thoughts on “Home Remedies for Thick Eyebrows”
I do nothing for eyebrows. It’s high time I do it. Thankooo Zeeba. :))
u hve nice eyebrows rati… 🙂
u cn always enhance beauty so go on..waise I am back frm Goa… :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thanks for the tips Zeeba! I knew some of them but some like onion, lemon, egg were a surprise.
O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) O:) :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Me too- I neglect eyebrows like hell!!! shud do something now. grt one again Zeeba:D
late then never..so karo karo… :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Hello Zeeba… 🙂
This is so Informative article… Thumbs up :waytogo:
I will surely give a try with castor oil n olive oil.
:thanks: :thanks: :thanks:
Lemon is a wrong option (I thnk) :sidefrown: …coz it made my eyebrows fall off :waaa:
This article was beautiful and loved reading every bit of it. I have thick and long naturally …people come to me to ask what do i do ( i dont do anything) …. i’ll forward thic post to them 🙂
Minoxidil is great for scalp hair regrowth… I doubt it’s effects on eyebrow growth BTW. Can you explain how to use it?