WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today’s post is all about the many benefits of castor oil for adding volume and fullness to your eyebrows. Castor oil has been hailed as the magic ingredient that promotes hair growth, eyelash growth and eyebrow growth. Speaking of eyebrows, a full and lush eyebrow growth is very much in vogue these days. Gone are the days of thin and super defined brows. Having said that, we’re all on the lookout for products that can make our brows look thick, full and healthy. And what better product than something pure and natural like castor oil to do the job! Let’s take a look at what castor oil does for your eyebrows to promote growth and prevent eyebrow hair loss, and also how you can incorporate it into your beauty routine.
The Benefits of Castor Oil for Eyebrow Growth
For many years now, castor oil has been hailed as the wonder ingredient that promotes both eyelash growth and eyebrow growth. Castor oil is rich in natural fatty acids, proteins and phytochemicals, which really help to trigger healthy hair growth. Regular use of castor oil can give you long and beautiful eyelashes and thick and full eyebrows.
In addition to promoting the growth of eyelashes and eyebrows, castor oil also helps treat a host of other skin concerns and dandruff. It also acts as a great natural moisturizer for your skin.
The Types of Castor Oil
There are primarily two types of castor oil that you can find in the market. One type is the regular cold-pressed castor oil and the other type is Jamaican black castor oil. While the regular cold-pressed castor oil is almost colourless, the Jamaican castor oil is dark in colour. The dark colour of this type of castor oil is achieved by roasting the beans (source of the oil).
The important thing to keep in mind is that both the types of castor oil — roasted as well as cold pressed — offer the same benefits as far as promoting eyebrow growth is concerned. They are both rich in phytochemicals, fatty acids, proteins and other nourishing vitamins. The only thing to keep in mind is that in the case of the Jamaican castor oil, you may occasionally find certain impurities that stem from the roasting process. If you are looking for a pure version, it’s always a better idea to go for the cold pressed variant of castor oil.
How You Can Use Castor Oil To Promote Eyebrow Growth
We know by now that castor oil is a sure shot natural remedy to promote eyebrow growth. The challenge is to be able to incorporate it into your regular beauty routine.
Here is a Routine That You Can Follow
• Wash your face with a mild and gentle cleanser and make sure to remove all traces of makeup and any eyebrow product that you may be wearing.
• Take a Q-tip and dip it into some pure, cold-pressed castor oil. Gently apply this all across your eyebrows. Make sure that the oil is touching the roots of your brows.
• Now, with clean fingers, gently massage your eyebrows for at least 2-3 minutes.
• Take an eyebrow brush or a clean mascara wand and gently comb through your eyebrows.
• Leave the oil on overnight and wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning, making sure to remove all traces of the oil.
• Repeat this every night as part of your eyebrow routine until you see results.
• Castor oil can also be used in conjunction with other oils such as olive oil and jojoba oil.
• If you are suffering from eyebrow hair loss or if you simply want to add more volume to your brows, castor oil is your best friend!
Aroma Magic Castor Oil
SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow and Restore Shampoo
Nourishing Fish Oil, Vitamin E and Castor Oil Hair & Face Mask: Do-it-Yourself
How To Fill Your Eyebrows
Beauty Formulas Eyebrow Shapers
black Up Cosmetics Perfect Eyebrows – SP03
How to Reduce The Pain Caused Due to Eyebrow and Upper Lip Threading
8 Home Remedies to Treat Eyelash and Eyebrow Dandruff
Different Eyebrow Treatments for Perfectly Defined Eyebrows
21 Beauty Benefits of Castor Oil For Skin and Hair
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth
8 Natural Ways to Improve Hair Density
10 Homemade Deep Conditioning Hair Masks