With the onset of a new year, we all think up of resolutions and other things we would do , to better our coming up year…
One major resolution that I took up this year was “SELF LOVE” WOMEN, (Especially, Indian women) give up almost their entire life staying entangled in house hold chores, kids, husband, in laws, etc. etc.
I do not disapprove of this, what I just think is Loving yourself is a prerequisite to a happy life… as until you Love yourself, how can you expect anybody else to love you?
Well, a lot can be said and discussed about “SELF LOVE”
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
For the time being my take on “SELF LOVE” is taking good care of my skin and not just crib about it..
Thanks to IMBB suggestions, I have started my daily CTM routine and have noticed some drastic changes in my facial skin..
So. I decided to get myself a few basic things to work up on my body skin. I bought an oriflame body cream and BIO GLOW body scrub.
Since the oriflame body creams have been reviewed already, I would just do it for the body scrub.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
BIO GLOW BODY SCRUB
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
What the product claims–
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Formulated with generous volume of natural apricot and walnut granules & peach extracts. Bio Glow advanced formula exfoliating scrub is soft, gentle, and yet an efficient exfoliant. Natural peach extract is rich in alpha & beta hydroxyl acids & natural vitamins.
With gentle circular scrubbing the discarding of dead skin cells will promote blood circulation and as well as the impede formation of wrinkles.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
The scrub also claims that it is ideal for facial exfoliating too. I however don’t use it on my face as my skin is a bit too sensitive.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
Aqua, paraffinium liquidium, juglans regia, propylene glycol, stearic acid , Glyceryl stearate, isopropyl myristate, prunus armenica, tocopheryl acetate, prunus persica, cetearyl octonoate, methyl paraben, ethylparaben, butylparaben , isobutylparaben, parfum, carbomer, amyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool.
What We Should Know About Body Exfoliation :
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
- Using a bath lily or bath gloves with a shower gel can give you a slight daily exfoliation, but your best bet is to use an actual body exfoliator.
- You can use a body scrub once or twice a week with no problem.
- Never use a body scrub on your face! It’s way too harsh for the delicate facial skin
Why Is Exfoliation Important?
The outermost layer of skin, the epidermis, accumulates dead skin cells that need to be removed. Normal bathing does not provide the exfoliation that is needed for the healthiest skin. Regular exfoliation with a body scrub will remove the dead outer layer of your skin and reveal a younger, smoother, soft, healthier layer of skin. The lotion that you put on your skin has to work its way through layers of dead skin cells just to reach the top layer. No matter how much body lotion you put on the dead skin cells, they still remain dead skin cells. If you want healthy smooth skin, you must slough them off. No better way that in the shower or bath with a body exfoliator.
- (1) promotes increased blood circulation .
- (2) fight cellulite (esp. scrubs with caffeine or coffee)
- (3) open and cleanse pores
- (4) remove dry itch and flakiness
- (5) nourish and moisturize you skin
- (6) can be used as a shaving “cream”
- (7) can be used as a one-minute manicure or pedicure
How To Use:
Apply a handful of scrub to damp skin before showering or bathing. Massage in a circular motion, beginning with feet and legs, and work your way up. Turn on shower, bathe and rinse as usual. You don’t need to moisturize further unless you want to, as the scrub will both exfoliate and moisturize.
What I liked about the product
- My skin feels super soft , fresh, moist post scrubbing.
- The scrub is creamy and thus you may avoid applying body lotion if you have normal skin.
- The price is extremely economical. At the price(got it for JUST Rs. 180, yes, you read it right) I couldn’t have asked for more quantity (300 ML + 200 ML extra & free)
- IT is really helping me well, with the problem of in grown hair I have on my arms..
What I didn’t like about the product
- I have not really heard much about the brand BIO GLOW.. I just cannot find anything on this from the net. It seems to be a mysterious product. Other than that it has been imported from the UAE, I can’t find out anything else.
- The package has no mention of its manufacturing and expiry dates too.. 🙁
- I need to dig in my hand / use a spoon to take out the required quantity, since it’s a tub type packaging. A tube type would have been rather convenient and hygienic.
- The smell of the scrub is weird and not pleasant at all, very chemical type. * To deal with this I have mixed some quantitiy of itrr(traditional Indian perfume) I had in an old/small bottle which was no much use otherwise.. 🙂
- A bit harsh for sensitive facial skin..
Will I buy it again ?
I may, the quality, quantity is decent for the price. But would like to try other brands too ..
Have you used Bio Glow Scrub? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Everyuth Natural Walnut Facial Scrub Review
- Jovees Papaya and Honey Facial Scrub- Review
- VLCC Skin Defense Indian Berberry Face Scrub Review