WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Now, this review was very difficult to write. Jomol and Radhika’s unseen faces kept floating in front of my eyes and I was ROTFL, getting up and then writing something. You’ll soon know why.
Coming to the review:
I have always used Johnson’s Baby oil and Almond oil to remove eye makeup and waterproof face and lip makeup. So when the Biotique SA offered me this Almond Oil Cleanser, I didn’t need much persuasion.
I bought this 120 ml bottle for Rs. 135/-.
How to use Biotique Almond oil Cleanser ?
Pour some oil on damp cotton pad. Wipe eye and face area. Then wash with water. Follow with Freshener and Moisturizer.
Suitable for: All skin types.
- Almond Oil
- Castor Oil (Now you know why I was :rotfl: all the time)
- Sunflower oil
- Soybean oil
- Kusumbhi Oil
- Neem Oil
- Jyotishmati Sidh Oil
What I like about Biotique Almond Oil Cleanser–
- It is a blend of many oils, which gives me multiple benefits.
- It is runny like any oil and I cannot pour it on the back of my hand. So here it is-
- Being rich and oily, it removes anything and everything form my eyes and face.
- To test the cleansing power, I have used two most notoriously long lasting products- Colorbar I-glide pencil in Cocobar and Maxfactor Lipfinity Long stay lip color.
- In the first swipe, the Cocobar swatch is vanished and Lipfinity is lightened.
- In the second swipe, I have a clean (though extremely oily) hand.
- Though it is such a rich and oily product, it did not break me out.
- It removes waterproof mascara with equal ease.
- I don’t have to pull and tug at my lashes to take the mascara off.
- It is not the best smelling thing in the world but it is definitely not obnoxious.
- Like all Biotique products, it has a long shelf life of 3 years.
- Two-three drops of the oil is all I need to remove the toughest and most elaborate eye makeup. So a very little goes a very long way.
- It wipes off impurities too. Once or twice, I have used it on bare face too, and I can see that it removes dirt and pollutants.
- The bottle has a small hole at the top, similar to hair oil bottles, which helps me control the quantity and keeps the rest of the product safe.
- The green top cap is screw on and shuts tightly.
- I have never felt the need to carry this along with me anywhere, but it has never spilled in my dresser drawer, where I keep it in horizontal position always.
- The quantity is way too much for the price. In a good way…
What I don’t like about Biotique Almond oil Cleanser :
- It cannot be used alone. You have to wash your face with a face wash to remove all the oil. Although I never intended to use it alone, so it’s not really a con. But, anybody who wants to buy this, needs to know that it is OIL. So it MAY NOT suit people with oily skin.
- I cannot find anything else to crib about.
Overall, if you are used to using oils for removal of Eye makeup, then this could be a good substitute to Baby oil/Almond oil etc.
If you are strictly a cleansing lotion person, you can very well steer clear of this.
I personally love this and I would rate it- :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: