WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Boutique Walnut Skin Polisher
Biotique walnut skin polisher is a deep impurity and dead cell remover from biotique aimed at polishing skin and getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads. The product is described as ideal to be used on normal to dry skin. Major Ingredients:
- Walnut Oil – helps in moisturizing and polishing skin.
- Neem – used to soothe irritated skin.
- Mint – has anti-inflammatory properties, hence helps to purify skin and ward off skin infections
What does the product claim to do?
- A unique face and neck deep cleanser. Contains Walnut Oil, which is Rich in Vitamin A and Lecithin along with extracts of Neem, Mint, Fenugreek and Red Sandalwood. Refines skin and fades tiny lines leaving skin fresher and younger looking.
- A creamy texture, gentle exfoliating cream for the face and neck. It deep cleases the skin and removes all the dead surface cells thus allowing better penetration of active ingredients for maximum efficiency of the following treatment.
- The Walnut Skin Polisher provides you a bright and luminous complexion with a velvety touch.
Price: Rs.180 for 60gm. What I think of it:
- I have initially tried papaya scrub from biotique and loved it to bits. The SA told me walnut skin polisher was also an exfoliator that was not as aggressive and abrasive in texture as the papaya scrub (already reviewed on IMBB). So I decided I would give this a shot.
- The scrub is white in colour with very tiny brown particles for exfoliation. The texture is much creamier compared to that of the papaya scrub.
- Smells really herbal and very natural. I love the smell though.
How do I use this?
- Wet face evenly and apply it. The product is directed to be used on clean dry skin, but I would never apply any scrub/exfoliator without wetting my skin at least a little bit. Makes me feel I am respecting my skin a bit 🙂 rather than just slathering it on.
- Like any other scrub, I gently exfoliate this concentrating more on the tip of my nose, chin and forehead. Since the beads are really gentle I think this can be used every day. That is just a thought; I haven’t tried using it every day since my skin leans towards the drier side.
- Although the papaya scrub says it’s to be used as a 7 day scrub, I find it a little coarse in texture for everyday use. This is a much milder version of the same. People with dry skin might not want to use it every day (although it says it’s for dry skin). For that matter, I would never use any scrub daily. I use it about once or twice a week that’s all.
- If time permits, I massage it on my face and leave it on for 10 minutes before washing. This gives me better results as opposed to just scrubbing and washing.
- Really softens skin. In my opinion, the extent of exfoliation is much lesser compared to that of the papaya scrub since it has much smaller granules. But the result is still fine. Gets rid of most of the dead skin around my nose and cheeks and polishes skin very well.
What I like about this:
- Mild and creamy so it doesn’t strip skin of its moisture content and also the beads are much less grainer.
- Polishes skin pretty well.
- Softens skin to a good extent.
- Smells very natural. I am sure the product does contain some form of preservatives since the shelf life is around 2 years. 🙂
- Pretty affordable. The 60gm tub lasts more than 2-3 months with twice per week usage.
What I don’t like about this:
- Doesn’t really remove blackheads and white heads.
- The packaging is a little annoying since it’s difficult to get product out once we finish half of it.
Will I re-purchase this? Maybe. But not before trying other scrubs.
IMBB Rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
This one is not a love yet, but I still like it. If you are looking for a good scrub/exfoliator which softens and polishes then give this a shot. I am not promising anything with respect to blackheads or whiteheads. Did not see much of a difference though . 🙂 But it sure removes all the dead flaky skin.
Have you tried Bio Walnut? Do you like it?
Share your thoughts.