Sunscreens are so important to skin only for protecting the skin from the sun, but for long term damage also. Used proper sunscreen it can delay the ageing process and keep wrinkles to minimum. For my part, my photo-sensitive skin would badly break-out if I go without it not to mention the pigmentation ad the sun burn So, I try not to skip it even when I am home. Let me tell you about this sunscreen I used about a year ago. My dermatologist had suggested I use a high sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 ***. I have been using the Lakme Sunscreens for too long but after using those for around six years and seeing them through so many new packages and compositions and texture at last I came to realize they were keeping my skin okayish but never doing anything to tan and pigmentation. So, I decided to give Biotique a try. I had heard so many good reviews about this. May be they are good but here is what I experienced. But at the end I had to turn to my Dermatologist suggested sunscreen for the complete relief. The complete review
Price: 180 INR
Quantity: 210 ml
Composition: take a look
What the company claims:
Shelf-life 3 years
What I like about Biotique Sunscreen SPF 75
- It has SPF 75
- It is quite moisturizing. Dry skinned people would like this one
- The quantity is quite good.
- Blends nicely.
- Smells good.
- Did not break me out. It feels soothing on the first application.
What I dislike about Biotique Sunscreen SPF 75
- It has SPF 75 but no PA +++ so no ultimate sun-protection.
- It did nothing to my pigmentation. No dark-spot reduction nothing.
- It claims to be suitable for all skin types but it is terribly oily. The moment I put it on during the summers I sweat like a pig and this gets washed away.
- Not at all fit for oily skin. It’s terribly moisturizing and yet not hydrating. I’m wearing it as a moisturizer. My skin is terribly dry during winters and I have to put on cold creams to regain the balance. Yet, this makes my skin oilier than in the summers. So a big turn off.
Ultimately it fails in its main purpose of sun-protection.
A few pointers:
- It claims to be fit for use on body and skin, see the first picture. The front label says that. Yet the direction asks you to put it on body. No word about face. So, I think it’s a beautiful instance of equivocation. To call it a face product or a body one?
- It has no PA***. The lower SPFs are priced higher for the same quantity. So what how come SPF 50 is priced higher than SPF 75? I’m very curious about this. So is it finally a body lotion or a facial one?
Shall I repurchase? No. Not at all
My rating: :-* :-* + 0.5 out of 5 because it works as a good moisturizer.
Have you used Biotique Sunscreen SPF 75? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
- Sun Safe -Lotus Herbals SunBlock Reviews – SPF 40, SPF 60
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun SunScreen Gel SPF 20 Review
- Difference Between Sunscreen and Sunblock : Daily Beauty Tips
19 thoughts on “Biotique Sun Protection SPF 75 Review”
i have a doubt , i had read somewer that the highest working spf possible is around 20-30 . an spf 15 absorbs 93.3% u.v and spf 30 absorbs 96.7% , so are higher spf’s of any use ?? moreover it is said that any sunscreen of however high spf it may be , needs to be reapplied every 3 hours , so that makes spf 15-30 wala sunscreen an equally good choice .. ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:) ?:)
PASS!! me an oily anyway…
so which one did ur dermat finally prescribe?
Biotique is one of my favourite brands…their pproducts have worked for me more than high end brands like TBS etc…but after reading this review,I would give this product a miss…
Nivedita I think there is another sunscreen of this company(some sandalwood one nt sure..)I think thats gud!!! 😐
I also had bad experience with biotique sunscreens, i tried the sandalwood one, cream based, it made my skin greasy, i did not even use the whole bottle……….finally i used it on my hands and feet after mixixng it with moisturiser. Every brand has some good and bad products, i found biotique acne range quite effective.
Biotiqoe and neutrogena are my anti brands. :(( nothing from their range ever works for me. :((
but good it works for a lot of people and it is one of the good herbal brand we have around. :waytogo:
Its quite strange that Biotique does’nt work on so many ppl I’ve seen!!Some products of biotique work quite well on me!! :))
Even neutrogena doesnot work for me, i tried three of their products ,one is the “deep clean face wash”, it made my skin dry , its still lying on my shelf unused …..also i had brought the bigger bottle 200 ml, shelling out more than 300 :(, i should have brought the small one, since it was a first try.
ratidoo, me planning to buy a silver eye pencil. i know the thin line on your lashes or outer/inner corner dots techniques. but could you sugest more ways to wear silver in which it does not look OTT or too cabaret dancer types? :secret2: :waiting:
Biotique never works for me :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
I love LOTUS :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Super cheap and super awesomeee :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:
i used it too, did nthng 2 my tan & pigmentation & d smell is soooo offensive :spank: :spank:
Same here! This one made my face so greasy n dull. I still have the half bottle left which sometimes I use on my arms n legs. 😐
I hate biotique…. i have used this three years back , as you said its terribly oily and I even doubt whether it provides sun protection. 6 months ago I tried biotiques hair oil, believe me my scalp started to itch badly. :weep: :weep: even one of my friend faced same problem with that oil.
only some of their products work for me….. even their moisturizer made my face very greasy 🙁 thx for the review…. will skip it….
I love lotus sun screen…neutrogena dry touch sun block is gud…i love some of the biotique products…
even no marks sunscreen sweated me out which i guess worked for rati…only few sun screens work for me…
I was kicked when I saw the SPF 75 then you said oily oily and and I was like grrrrrrrrrrrrr :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain: :pain:
Nivedita I have purchased this a year ago and its awful…
I use biotique product a lot and advertize the brand among friends because they are chemical free. But recently it clicked my mind that ingredients they have shown are very few with apprx content 1%, 2% or max 3 % of the complete 100%. What is other 96-97 % in that bottel..is that safe? are there really no preservative..Please answer this query or i will be doubtfull everytime i buy a biotique product.