WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
THE BODY SHOP Blue Corn 3 in 1 Deep Cleansing Scrub Mask
I cannot help but say I own a huge stash of face masks. Whether they work or not is another issue, but I love the whole feeling of applying a face mask 🙂 and I am pretty sure most of you out there belong to the same category as well . 🙂 As the name suggests, it is indeed a deep cleansing mask. Cleans pore deep to draw out impurities.
What does the product claim to do?
- Best if you want to: Cheat a little. Deep cleanse, exfoliate and purify your skin in one easy step with a 3-in-1 mask that leaves skin clean, smooth and balanced.
- Best for: normal to oily skin
How it works:
- Community Trade blue corn powder gently exfoliates skin, removing dead skin cells, excess oils and dirt.
- Kaolin clay revitalizes and deeply cleanses, drawing out impurities from the skin.
- Corn oil moisturizes skin.
Price: Rs. 795/USD 16.50 for 100 ml. The mask was priced at Rs.1095 when I purchased it. Guess the price has been reduced now.
What I think about this product:
First of all, to start with, the product claims to be used on normal/oily skin. I have combi/dry skin and still I got it :). The packaging is lovely. The jar is blue in colour and the mask is a very light blue with tiny darker blue granules.
The texture of the mask is quite grainy which is perfect to exfoliate as u wash off the mask once it’s dry.
The smell is heavenly. I am not sure what to classify the smell as though. I don’t smell corn in there. That does not mean there is no corn right? 🙂
How do I apply this?
- I just apply a thin layer on my face, avoiding the eye area. Although the texture of the mask is a little towards the dry side, it’s still easy to spread.
- Before each use, make sure you mix it a little in the jar. I have seen a bit of an oily residue on the sides of the lid. Corn oil maybe??
- There is a slight stinging sensation once applied. Not so bad that you can’t resist. Part of the deep cleanse I suppose. 🙂
- I leave it on for about 10-15 mins until it dries.
- Washing this off my face is easy peasy and a joy too. 🙂 I start scrubbing the mask by wetting my face a little and gradually washing it off.
Awesome skin! Very bright. Polished. CLEAN. The mask is really good at drawing out impurities and gives you squeaky clean skin without over drying it. It won’t help with the zits though. Just cleanses deeply. Does justice to its name. Make sure to follow it up with a good moisturizer if you have very dry skin.
- Takes care of my T-zone very well. 🙂
- I use this as a weekly mask. Might dry out skin a bit for me if I use it more than that, since I have combi/dry skin. If you have oily skin, I think twice a week should be great! GREAT for summer months!
- This mask has never given me the stretchy feeling once I wash it. So am sure if u have oily skin it would be a total blessing . 🙂
- I got this 100ml tub almost 6 months back and I still have more than a quarter tub left which is really cool.
What I like about this mask:
- Does what it says.
- Smells great
- No breakouts or skin irritations.
What I dislike about this mask:
- Pricey. Not really a disadvantage, since the tub goes a loooong way
- The unhygienic packaging. I have to put my hands into it every time I wanna use it . 🙂
My Rating : :-*:-*:-*:-*
Re-purchase this? Hell yeah! What’s not to like in this?
Although this mask says it’s meant for Normal/oily skin I still got it and it worked for me. I am glad that I din let it go because of this reason:) . I totally feel it’s a very good buy and if you think this won’t break the bank, go ahead and give it a shot.
Do you love face masks from TBS? Have you tired blue corn?
Are you planning to buy it? Share your thoughts.