Bourjois Naturel Sweet Kiss Lipstick “ Peche Voluptueuse” and “ Framboise Exquise”: Review and Swatches
What it claims: 100% NATURAL FORMULA
- 100% RADIANT SHADES
- All the benefits of Nature in one lipstick!
- Its formula of 100% natural origin brings radiance and care to lips.
- Enriched with magnolia oil and shea butter, its melting formula intensely nourishes lips, leaving them supple and providing them with 8 hours of moisture.
- The intense and radiant shades illuminate your lips thanks to the 100% natural pigments selected for their purity and benefits: antioxidant green tea and soothing rose.
- 8 shades ranging from the most natural to the most sophisticated and from softer to more sensuous hues, for naturally beautiful lips!
- Price and Weight: Rs. 660 for 3 gms.
The Good about Bourjois Naturel Sweet Kiss Lipstick:
- I adore the finish of these lipsticks. They are neither matte (my lifelong love!) nor frosted nor satin nor shimmery ! At best they can be described as lipsticks that impart a dewy finish to the lips.
- Texture is soft, smooth and does not tug at my lips.
- They do keep the lips moisturised and do not dry them out.
- I would also describe the shade selection to be very very “English” and “ non-Indian”. I guess all of us here have used Lakme (as more of a legacy and a tradition passed on from our grandmothers and mothers!) lipsticks for their so –called suitability to Indian skin tones only to realise that their dark shades add years to our face! Bourjois provides an interesting point in comparison by taking off years from from your face! 🙂
- Most of the shades are best paired with smoky eyes or heavy eye make up.
(L-R): Peche Voluptueuse and Framboise Exquise
The Bad about Bourjois Naturel Sweet Kiss Lipstick:
- Extremely limited shade selection with most of the lipsticks bordering on the light/barely there side.
- Horrendous staying power ! It vanishes from my lips in less than 2 hours! Though it does leave behind an even tint without looking blotchy or dry.
- I also do not find these lipsticks very pigmented. I do require a couple of swipes to evenly spread out the colour and even then it veers between light to medium coverage.
- Though I do find the packaging to be pretty and sturdy, it did take me a while to get used to the “click me open system”. I simply cannot understand why Bourjois decided to get so creative with the packaging of this lipstick :yelo: The encasing is also a bit huge to delicately fit into a small purse or a clutch bag.
- It does seep into my fine lines if I swipe too much lipstick.
- Rs. 660 for 3 gms???!!! This world is going to the dogs, I tell you :yelo:
Verdict: One of the best lipsticks for casual/daily wear albeit with several limitations which the price does not quite seem to justify.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Would I purchase this again?: Yes, I already have my eyes set o “Fuchsia Ardent” which always seems perennially out of stock !!! 🙁
Have you used Bourjois Sweet Naturel Lipstick? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Bourjois Sweet Kiss Naturel Lipstick Swatches & Photos
- Bourjois Restoring Night Lip Balm Review
- Bourjois Paris Effet Smoky Eye Pencil and Effet 3D Max Lip Gloss Review
- 3 New Shades in Bourjois 4 D Effect Lip Glosses
- Water Based Lip Tint Bourjois Rouge Hi Tech 85 Groseille Irreelle
- Bourjois Make up Haul!