WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Well, as I sip my coffee on my study desk, I just got curious yet again. I have heard so many times, yet and yet again that caffeine has ill effects in health and especially with women. So I googled, and here I am with all my google gyaan which is concatenated to share with you all. (IMBB has become this good good coffee table for all of us na… we can sit and share, laugh and smile kinda place) 🙂
Anyways lets get back to our caffeine, I am sure almost all the ladies on IMBB are caffeine addicts, be it tea or coffee. But I have noticed that most of the guys ain’t caffeine addicts, is it because ladies “THINK”, or we have more brains? 😛 May be.
I know many of us, love the warm in the belly feeling caffeine gives, whilst some of us love the smell; we just need reasons to love our caffeine, don’t we?
But the caffeine has some bad bad effects on the health especially women health, so here I am to share it with you all.
To start off with health dangers of caffeine:
• Women are caffeine sensitive than men
• Women take a lot more time for caffeine detox than men do.
• Caffeine decreases testosterones, whilst it increases estrones.
• It decreases the body’s capability of absorbing minerals like calcium, iron and potassium.
• It increases the rate of premenstrual symptoms.
• The liver metabolizes caffeine, just like the antidepressants and contraceptives. However, caffeine hinders the metabolic rate of the mentioned drugs.
• It induces breast pain and develops fibrocystic breast.
• It affects the heart rhythm, causing irregularities in it, mostly during pregnancy.
• Breast milk is also affected by caffeine.
• It leads to a heart attack risk in women, it also increases cholesterol levels.
• It increases the cortisol level in a feminine body, and hence keeps us awake for nights.
• Caffeine affects the nervous system, since it increases the fabrication of the adrenal gland chemicals creating alertness and quickness. It keeps the body in wakeful mode.
• It absorbs water from the blood.
• It slows down the metabolic activities of the body.
• It soaks vitamin D and calcium from the bones.
• It promotes hair growth “in every part of the body”. (Should I be happy or what?)
• Increases the postprandial blood sugar levels.
• Causes dry skin.
• Fragile nails and dry lips. 🙁
• It has a very bad effect on the GI tract.
• Causes cavity, nausea and malnutrition.
• Causes bladder spasms, nocturia and dehydration.
Caffeine and Pregnancy
Caffeine supposedly reduces fertility. It increases the chances of miscarriage in women. Three cups of coffee during pregnancy is fine, but not more. As per medical sciences, if you really wanna have a baby soon, you should give up on coffee completely.
Studies reveal that a women who consumes around 6 cups of coffee every day tends to have shorter and smaller babies whereas a women who consumes 2 cups of coffee has a below average child.
Pregnant women are also advised to stay away from certain medicines, like pain killers, medicines which are used for curing migraines, colds and sleeping pills, since they contain their shares of caffeine. Caffeine tends to cross the placenta and reach the fetus with pregnancy. Caffeine may also stop blood circulation to the placenta which might harm the baby.
You can have decaffeinated coffee if you really can’t give up on it.
I am sure quite many of the readers must be shocked after knowing the hard facts about caffeine.