Of late I have realized that men are the luckiest of all the species alive on earth, well, I know we all realized it in grade 8 or 9 😛 but now its like a proven and prominent fact. 😉
Here’s why I actually think men are lucky:
• Firstly, their surname remains with them all their lives.
• Next, they don’t bleed every month. :p
• They own the garage. :/
• They do not need to actually plan their wedding. “sara kaam ladkiwalo ka hota hai” 😛
• They can never get pregnant, no matter what they do. 😛
• They can happily wear a white shirt or t-shirt in the pool; they can skip the shirt too. 😛
• Chips and chocolate is just another snack for them. 😛
• Car mechanics can never fool them. 😛 They spit out the truth to them.
• They do not think before loosening the nut bolt, like which way to turn it. Ughhh
• They can wear new shoes happily without blisters and cut.
• And last but not the list no stretch marks and cellulite. What else do you need to be happy?
Well, today in this article I am going to talk about a real messy and common skin disorder with women. It possibly can’t be called a disorder or doesn’t really have a particular registration with the medical “incurable” diseases, but there’s no good word for it either. 😛
Cellulite or the cottage cheese skin condition is cosmetic problem. Cellulite is one thing every woman has at some or the other point of life. But many of us don’t really have a clear idea about cellulite. So here it is.
Cellulite basically occurs to women over 40 years of age or over weight and obese women at any age whereas men do not have cellulite at all, even if they are obese too. Puberty, menstruation, and pregnancy may also contribute to cellulite development.
It’s basically an alteration or modification of the skin around the pelvic region, the lighter counterparts, the abdomen and the lower limbs. Gynoid lipodystrophy, adiposis edematosa, nodular liposclerosis are some other reference to cellulite in medical terms.
Cellulite can appear as an orange peel, roughly dimpled or padded skin. It is a deposit of fat just below the skin surface. It usually happens when the fatty cells squeeze out and break out collagen fibers which further merge with the fat tissues giving bulging skin.
The actual causes of cellulite still remain a mystery for science. Around 95% women have cellulite. Cellulite is even evident on the slim trim slender women too.
Why in women?
• The main reason why cellulite is evident in women and not in men is that the collagen fibers in women are arranged in a honeycomb pattern, whereas they are arranged in a crisscross pattern horizontally in men which prevents dimpling and bulging of skin. 🙁
• Studies reveal that the growth of the adipose tissue into the skin layers also causes cellulite in women.
• Also the delicate feminine skin is a main reason for cellulite.
• Age also contributes in the development of cellulite, since the connective tissue in the feminine skin thickens with age whereas the skin gets further thinner.
• When women loose around 5 pounds of muscle weight it gets replaced with 15 pounds of fat every day and since fat is soft it doesn’t keep the skin tight making it bulging and dimpled.
Other causes for cellulite:
• Genetics also play an important role in development of cellulite. White women, more than the asian and dark skinned women are affected by cellulite.
• Hormones are the major contributors for cellulite, since women have more hormones in the body as compared to the men. Mainly the estrogen is involved in cellulite generation.
• Lifestyle also causes cellulite. Mostly the diet which includes carbs and fats causes cellulite.
• Excessive intake of salt also causes cellulite.
• And most of all a sedentary lifestyle, which I know all of us have, is the major reason for cellulite.
• Anxiety, stress and depression also cause cellulite.