WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi everyone 🙂
Today, I am reviewing two liquid eyeliner colors from Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N’ Kohl range. They are basically kohl liners with a glide of liquid liner. Basically, a dream-come-true because I cannot use a liquid liner to save my life. 😛 Okay, I can, but it’s hard and pencils and gels just make life so much easier.
USD $27/INR 1700 approximately.
I have them in various colors. The two colors that I am reviewing are:
Barbarella Brown : A deep dark chocolatey brown.
Veruschka Mink : A charcoal gray.
I love both the colors (Barbarella Brown and Veruschka Mink). Both the colors are such that make a great substitute for a black kohl liner, especially in these hot summer days when you really don’t want to wear a very black liner, these are great options to pick.
Here’s a list of quick pros and cons:
1. Absolutely stunning pigmentation – one swipe and they have an impressive color pay off.
2. Very smooth. They glide on the skin like a dream, but that also works as a con sometimes because they do tend to break ever so often and leads to wastage.
3. Can be used on waterline, as a liner on upper/ lash lower line or as a smoky eye kohl. I find them very versatile to use. They give you enough time to smudge and do a quick on the go smokey eye before they set.
4. They have amazing staying power. One you apply them, they set for good 5-6 hours on waterline and pretty much go through out the day on outer areas of eyes.
5. They have never irritated the eyes.
6. They can be sharpened. I love that because I do like a fresh tip to work with. For some it may be a con.
7. Because they are quite smooth, the pencil tip gets blunt very soon. If you use this pencil regularly, you would get over it quite quickly as well.
8. I love the texture of these pencils. They have a gorgeous mix of cream and powder. The cream helps to make the pencil glide on the skin like a cream and the powdery texture helps with the strong pigmentation and smokiness that you can create with these.
9. These sharpen gorgeously and you can really get a fine tip with these pencils and you can use them exactly the way you use your gel or liquid liner.
10. They don’t smudge or smear.
Overall, I love these pencils, but I am not entirely sold on them. I adore these pencils that can be sharpened but these get blunt only after you do just one eye only. You’d run out of them so quickly, it’s not funny. I end up using them sparingly because I like them but then we don’t have Charlotte Tilbury in India. grrr.
Charlotte Tilbury Bedroom Black Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil
Charlotte Tilbury Eye Cheat Rock ‘n’ Kohl Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil
Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl Elizabeth Violet Iconic Liquid Eyeliner Pencil
Maybelline Hyperglossy Liquid Liner
Maybelline New York Hyper Matte Liquid Liner
Lakme Absolute Shine Line: Black Eyeliner