Coffee, Vanilla & Sugar Body Scrub: DIY
I love coffee, in every form. I just love the fresh aromatic brewing smell of coffee which is good enough to wake you (and your skin) up every morning.
A coffee scrub exfoliates your skin, helps to prevent acne, reduces the appearance of fine lines and hyperpigmentation and softens your skin. Vanilla extract gives your coffee scrub a sweeter smell. It also thins the scrub out a bit, if that is the texture you are going for
This scrub is very easy to make and can be made with the ingredients that are readily available in your kitchen.
Things you will need:
• Ground coffee beans (if you do not have coffee beans you can use instant coffee too)
• White sugar/brown sugar
• Vanilla Extract (for that yummy smell)
• Olive oil
• Rosemary essential oil
• First of all grind half a cup of coffee beans in a grinder. Make sure grounds are not too coarse for your skin (you can grind them as per your skin’s suitability)
• Now crush the sugar little bit, do not make it too powdery. You can skip this step if you want to and use the sugar crystals directly, but I prefer crushed sugar..:)
• Now put ¾ cup of this grounded coffee in a clean bowl and add 1 cup of crushed sugar.
• You can grind the sugar little bit if you feel that it is too coarse for your skin.
• Now mix it together and add half cup of olive oil into this mixture and mix well until you reach a nice thick consistency.
• Now to this mixture, add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract, 1 tsp. of honey and 4-5 drops of rosemary essential oil.
• Store this scrub mixture at room temperature in a neat closed lid jar and you can use it for weeks.
I use this mixture twice in a week under shower. I rub it onmy damp skin in large circular motion and then rinse it warm water. I then use a very mild shower gel (I am using TBS Olive Shower gel) and rinse it with warm water; leaving my skin soft, supple and deliciously smelling….aha love that aroma of coffee!
• Don’t use this coffee scrub on dry skin; it’s too abrasive. Make sure your skin is damp before applying the coffee scrub
• You can substitute honey with glycerin if you have extra dry skin.
• You can substitute rosemary oil with any of your choice of essential oils
• One can substitute sugar with sea salt ( I love to use sugar for that yummy feeling)
• It is a best DIY idea for gifting purpose. Fill up a nice mason jar with this scrub and lock up its lid with a beautiful ribbon and you are good to go.
Do try it and let me know how you find it!!
Homemade Body Exfoliator For Summer
Mango Body Scrub: Do It Yourself
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients
Homemade Body Scrubs for Dry Skin
Homemade Papaya and Oats Face and Body Scrub
How To Make Body Scrub At Home
Is Coffee Good for Weight Loss?
Diana of London Perfect Stay Lip Liner in Coffee Review
Lush Vanilla Dee-lite vs The Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion
Forest Essentials Mashobra Honey and Vanilla Hair Cleanser Review
6 thoughts on “Coffee, Vanilla & Sugar Body Scrub: DIY”
yummo *drool* this is must try *hifive*
yes Neha it indeed is very yummy…..and it works awesomely well!! *hifive*
Great, I’m trying this today, I love the gifting idea too!
Vrinda I have gifted it to two of my friends and they both have loved it…. 😀
dats super cool m gonna try it immediately
*thankyou* sukh….do try it