Dior Addict High Shine Colour Review, Photos, Swatches
Shade : 578 Rose Iveresse Charmed Pink
Melting Shiny Lip Colour
Price : Around Rs 1400/-
My Experience with Dior Addict Lip Colour
- I bought this shade solely and especially because my hubby liked the shade on me. I was purchasing a Benefit lipstick but the store was out of stock of that particular shade so I matched the exact same shade with a dior lipstick and bought it. Charmed Pink is a sort of fuchsia pink kind of a colour with a soft glossy sheen to it and no shimmer. It mostly comes as a brighter shade of pink on lips if not fuchsia, per se.
- The packaging is quite pretty. There is a blue plastic casing that goes all over the silver tube, which holds the lipstick. Towards the bottom of the silver casing is a cute twisted dome and there is CD of Christian Dior embossed on it. On top of the blue case there are details written about the lipstick , Quite a handful of lipstick when you hold it. 😛
- This lipstick holds true to their name “melting shiny lip colour”. The texture of lipstick is like butter and when you apply it, it sort of melts on your lips.
- The lipstick is not sheer but don’t have pigmentation as high as matte lipsticks. “Semi opaque” would be a good word to describe them.
- It is quite moisturizing. Never ever at one point of time you would feel any discomfort wearing these.
- This is a fragrance free lipstick. Well until I don’t smell it like a sniffer dog, I don’t smell anything. Okay I admit, I did smell it like a sniffer dog and the lipstick has a soft pleasant smell to it. 😛
- The staying power of these lipsticks in not that great-anything between 2 and a half to three hours. When I much some snacks or have some drinks the colour stays but after a full meal the lipstick is gone.
- The most special thing about this lipstick is that both gloss lovers and lipstick lovers would love it.. The gloss lovers wouldn’t mind the soft sheen it has and the lipsticks lovers wouldn’t mind the colour payoff.
- The lipstick has never ever accentuated the fine lines on my lips. It always looks soft and nice on lips.
- Also the colour doesn’t smudge or smear.
- I would just have to warn you that if you wear this lipstick on chapped lips, oh boy! Your lips would immediately fall in the category of “most rubbish lips ever.” My lips were chapped and dry when I tested this lipstick on my lips, all the dryness was clearly visible on my lips. Had to treat my lips for two days at a go to be able to wear it. God bless Aarthi and whoever created Burt Bee’s lip balm, my lips were treated pretty soon.
Overall this is the lipstick that I reach for the most these days. The shade is girly and fun to wear. I could purchase more shades of this, if I have to. Me happy-the-bunniezzz. 😛
Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*