I know it’s difficult to crawl out of our blankets in this chilly weather, but you need to do the daily drill. *Sigh* Imagine the stress on our skin right now – it has to look good even though you are too lazy to take off makeup (never do that!) and follow the whole CTM routine. The problem is more pronounced if you are on the wrong side of thirties, winters can spell doom for your skin if you do not take enough care. In my trials and errors with kitchen ingredients, I found a great face mask which is easy to make and can help in fighting signs of ageing, dullness and dryness. To know more, keep scrolling.
- Yoghurt: 2 tablespoons (it suffices for my face and neck).
- Almond powder: Grind almonds to get a slightly coarse powder and store it for DIYs like this, one teaspoon for this face mask.
- Grapes: 2-3 grapes.
- Vitamin E: You can use Vitamin E oil, or empty the content of 2 Vitamin E capsules like I do.
How To Make:
- Take a plastic or ceramic bowl (I use paper cup for easy disposal).
- Add 2 tablespoons of yoghurt.
- Next add 1 teaspoon of almond powder.
- Add grapes.
- Squeeze vitamin E capsules.
How To Apply:
- Stir well and let the ingredients completely mix. You can use some force to mash the grapes into a pulp for better mixing.
- Wash your face with a foaming cleanser and apply this face mask with a clean brush.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water using gentle circular motions. Concentrate on your problem areas like nose and chin.
- Pat dry and follow up with a toner (rose water works fine!) and a hydrating night cream.
- You are all set to face the winter and your not-so-evident age 😛
Do I need to spell out the benefits? This mask is a superfood for skin and supplies antioxidants crucial for cell renewal process. Yoghurt prevents free radicals from wreaking havoc on skin and is potent enough to reverse mild signs of ageing. It helps in giving a smooth and even complexion and the lactic acid provides natural exfoliation. It dissolves dead skin, lightens tan and also tightens pores. Almond powder softens skin and its slightly abrasive texture sloughs off dead cells and promotes growth of new tissues. It also nourishes skin and imparts smoothness. Grapes are rich in proanthocyanidins and resveratrol, which are powerful antioxidants. Grape extract when applied on skin can give protection against harmful ultraviolet radiation. It is rich in fruit acids and can totally transform a lackluster skin into a dazzling one. Vitamin E extract is rich in antioxidants, heals dry parched skin and gives a blemish free skin. It is a great ingredient for fighting wrinkles and fine lines.
Hope you find this face mask useful! Take care lovely ladies.
5 Homemade Anti-Ageing Face Packs
DIY Anti-Ageing Chocolate and Oatmeal Face Mask
DIY Homemade Organic Anti-Ageing Botox Face Mask
Anti-Aging and Detoxifying Grape Mask: DIY
Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Sleeping Mask
Ahava Facial Renewal Peel