WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
How to use Dry Shampoo
Though ‘Dry shampoos’ have been around since the 1960’s, it is only in the last few years that they have been gaining popularity among the masses as a quick fix in a time bind situations.
As its name suggests, it doesn’t require you to get your hair wet, which in turn not only saves you a lot of time but also saves your hair from the torture of frequent washing. Dry shampoo works by absorbing excess oils on your hair and scalp, and make it look and feel freshly washed again.
Dry shampoos usually come in three forms — an actual powder, a liquid that comes from a pump dispenser, or an aerosol spray. While they’re outwardly easy to use, you’ll still need to use definite methods to clean your hair effectively.
• Wash your hands before applying dry shampoo to avoid transferring more dirt and oil to your hair. Also make sure that you are not using this product on wet hair.
• Before you apply the dry shampoo comb your hair thoroughly to eliminate all the tangles and distribute your scalp oil more evenly.
• Depending upon the thickness of your hair divide them into sections for easy and even application. Incase you are using a spray form then, start by lifting your hair from the crown of your head (hair tends to be oiliest here). Hold the can about 1 to 2 inches above the scalp and then lightly spray the dry shampoo to the roots. If you are using a powder dry shampoo, gently shake the powder onto the scalp in the crown area or squeeze about a tablespoon of the dry shampoo powder into your hands and then run them together to spread the powder out more evenly. In addition to the crown of your hair, dry shampoo can be applied anywhere your hair looks or feels oily. This can include the nape of your neck or sides of your hair.
• After you have applied enough product, flip your head upside down and massage your scalp gently for few minutes.
• Wait for few minutes to let the dry shampoo absorb the sebum in your hair.
• Comb or brush your hair out to make sure you remove all powder from your scalp. Then flip your hair upside down for the last time and shake a bit just to ensure that there are no more flakes hiding in your hair. Scrunch up your roots a bit before flipping your head upright to add some volume in your hair.
Dry shampoo isn’t as effective as a real shampoo, but when you’re in a hurry it’s a great way to eliminate grease, cover up odor, and even add some volume and shine.
Do you use dry shampoo?
Best Dandruff Shampoo
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo and Conditioner
Khadi Sat Reetha Herbal Shampoo
The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
Pantene Lively Clean Shampoo
Schwarzkopf Professional BONACURE Repair Rescue Shampoo for Damaged Hair
Khadi Amla & Bhringraj Ayurvedic Shampoo
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo
Loreal Absolut Repair Shampoo With Neofibrine
Garnier Fructis Fall Fight Fortifying Shampoo
Oriflame Kiwi & Orange Boosting Shampoo
Pantene Lively Clean Shampoo
Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo
Harmful Chemicals in a Shampoo
Wella System Professional Hydrate Shampoo
Hair Washing Tips
How to Wash Hair