Best Dandruff Shampoo
When you are looking for the best dandruff shampoo, you must examine the source of your dandruff. In severe cases, you may find that the cause will be fungus, a less suspected, but frequently occurring problem. But for many people, dandruff can result from a simple lack of moisture. Chronic dryness causes the skin of the scalp to flake, and a good moisturizing shampoo may very well be all that you need.
An excessively oily scalp can lead to itching and dandruff as well. In these situations, a balancing shampoo which soothes the inflammation is your best bet. An oily scalp also tends to attract dirt, causing irritation and excessive scaling . Avoid this by keeping the scalp as clean as possible and if you do get dandruff, try not to scratch at it. Scratching can lead to an inflammation in the scalp, which further deteriorates the problem.
Some popular choices among dandruff shampoos in the Indian market
1. Head and Shoulders: There are conflicting opinions on this one, but it has always been a popular choice for dandruff related issues. Since it contains zinc it will probably work to a satisfactory level.
2. Clinic All Clear Anti-Dandruff Shampoo: Along similar lines as Head and Shoulders, clinic all clear claims to effectively cleanse the scalp of flakes.
3. Himalaya Anti-dandruff Shampoo: Its herbal formula including tea trea oil, grape seed extract and Indian sarsaparilla is a good choice for people looking at nature-based products.
4. T/gel by Neutrogena: this is a product containing ‘tar’, which is known to remove dandruff. Most users have reported positively about its effectiveness.
5. Wella SP Clear Scalp Shampoo: It is part of a range including an intensive anti-dandruff treatment and lotion.
Other high end brands such as L’Oreal Expert Serie Range, Matrix Biolage, Kerastase and Schwarzkopf Professional also have their own anti-dandruff shampoos, which may be tried.
You may wish to select shampoos on the basis of their anti-dandruff active ingredients. The first preferred line of treatment would be a shampoo with 1% pyrithione
• Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
• Pantene True Confidence Anti-Dandruff 2-in-1 Shampoo+Conditioner
• L’oreal Vive Pro For Men
If you find results to be less than satisfactory with the above, you can try 1.5% or 2% pyrithione zinc shampoos:
• 1.5% — KMS Head Remedy Dandruff Shampoo
• 2% — Head & Shoulders Intensive Solutions
If you do not wish to wash your hair very regularly, or if you want to continue using your regular shampoo alongside, you can consider 1% Ketoconazole or Clotrimazole (1%) in combination with selenium sulfide (2.5%) . These may be found in medicated shampoos:
• Nizoral A-D (1% ketoconazole)
• Candid TV Shampoo – Clotrimazole (1%) is also used combined with selenium sulfide (2.5%)
• Scalpex shampoo by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals – 2% Ketoconazole + 1% pyrithione zinc
Home remedies to control dandruff
• Soak 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste to apply on scalp. Wash hair with reetha solution or shikakai.
• Massage scalp thoroughly with neem oil. It is highly effective for treating dandruff and extremely beneficial for dry itchy scalp.
• Make a paste of two egg whites with fresh lemon juice and keep on for half an hour. Then wash hair with anti-dandruff shampoo.
• Mix olive oil and almond oil and apply on the scalp. Leave it for 20 minutes. Shampoo. This will result in reduced flakes in some weeks.
• Boil the top and the root of white beet and massage all over scalp every night before sleeping.
• Dissolve amla and bhringraj powder in water. Make a paste and keep over night. Apply paste on scalp in the morning.
• Mix lemon juice to lukewarm water and apply daily.
• Make a paste of fresh neem leaves and apply to the scalp.
• Boil 100 g amla (Indian goose berry), reetha and shikakai in 2L waters until solution reduces to half. Use as a shampoo for three weeks to clear your hair.
Holistic Dandruff Treatment
• Increase your daily intake of raw fruits and vegetables.
• Take care to clean your hair and scalp very thoroughly to prevent dead cell buildup.
• Brush your hair daily with a fine tooth comb to remove any flakiness and improve blood circulation.
• Avoid the overuse of hair spray, holding gel, chemical shampoos and hair colours, which may increase scalp irritation.
• Avoid stress and tension
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
Pantene Pro-V Anti Dandruff Shampoo
The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Avon Naturals Tea Tree & Thyme Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Arish Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Himalaya Anti Dandruff Hair Cream
Best Foundation for Large Pores / Acne Scars
Best and Worst Makeup and Skin Care Products 2010
Best Moisturizer For Oily Skin
Best Under Eye Cream for Dark Circles
Cheap and Best Makeup Products