EcoTools Bamboo 5 piece brush set
For a long time I used the makeup applicators that came with the blush/eye shadow kit to do my makeup. It was through IMBB that I learnt that using brushes makes a big difference to your make up and it is indeed very true. I had been looking to buy a good makeup brush set since a long time. Vega brushes were always around but somehow I wasn’t convinced to buy them. Being a novice, I wanted to invest in a good set of brushes so that I can learn and experiment as much as I want and then move on to higher brands if required.
During my recent visit to the US, I laid my hands on the EcoTools BAMBOO 6-pc Makeup Brush Set . I fell in love with these instantly. There are 3 sets available: Ecotools 6 piece brush set, Ecotools 6 piece eye brush set and Ecotools 5 piece mineral makeup set. There are several individual brushes available too – Powder brush, foundation brush, concealer brush, eye shadow brush, retractable kabuki brush, bamboo brush. You can have a look at all the products here
Cost: 11 USD
Availability: In the US – at Target, Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid. Online: Amazon, eBay, drugstore.com
- Earth-friendly beauty. This earth friendly set shows respect for the planet.
- Bamboo handle has a low impact on the earth’s resources as it is a highly sustainable plant.
- Synthetic Taklon bristles are 100% cruelty free.
- Sleek ferrule is made from recycled aluminum.
- Cosmetic brush roll is made from natural cotton and hemp
What the set contains:
- Blush brush
- Eye Shading brush
- Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Concealer Brush
- Lash and Brow Groomer
- Cosmetic brush Roll
These are the softest brushes I have ever come across. By soft I mean baby soft. It feels like how a chiffon sari feels on your skin. So soft, light feather touch.
This is the softest Brush I have ever used. It is dense and thick – picks up a good amount of product in one go. I even use it to brush powder all over my face. Though the brush looks big and fat, it is very light in weight.
Eye shadow brush:
I had used only sponge tip applicators that come with eye shadow kits to apply shadow on my lids. The tiny handles were not very easy to use. Using an eye shadow brush made a drastic change to the way I apply eye makeup. The brush bristles are super soft and dense. They pick up a lot of color and one swipe and you are done unlike sponge tips. It does a good job at blending colors as well.
Angled Liner Brush:
This brush made eye liner application a cake walk. I have the most unsteady hands and it took me ages to get a decent line on my lids. I use this brush to apply shadow liner, liquid and gel liner on my lids and it is so easy. I have also used this to apply shadow on my lower lash line too.
I love the size of this brush. It fits the under eye area so well. Though I prefer using my fingers to apply concealer, this brush does a very god job in blending it. I have even used it to blend my eye shadows.
Brow & lash Groomer:
I use the lash groomer more often especially when I end up having clumped lashes after applying mascara (Still learning how to apply mascara without clumping my lashes). It is easy to separate my lashes using this. I don’t have a habit of combing my brows but now that I have this I like to comb them. They look neat and shapely.
Cosmetic Brush roll:
I just love it. It is very travel friendly – light and would fit into any purse. It has 5 casings in it to hold all the 5 brushes. And a cute little ribbon to tie the brush roll.
What I Like:
I am totally in love with this brush set. I wish I had bought it earlier. I regret not buying the eye brush set and the cute kabuki brush.
- The quality of the brushes is excellent. It is comparable to high end brushes.
- Baby soft bristles. I love how dense they are .You just feel like running them on your face over and over again.
- The length of the brush is just perfect. It gives you good control while using them.
- Travel friendly – Light weight and easy to carry in a brush roll.
- I have washed these brushes every time I used them (using the method mentioned on this blog) and they have not shed hair.
- Totally eco friendly.
- The Price – not heavy at all on your pocket. It’s a steal.
What I Don’t Like about Ecotools Brushes
- If you keep the brushes in the brush roll without washing, the brush roll can get stained a bit. However, the brush roll can be washed.
- I just wish these were available in India too.
Apart from that there is absolutely nothing that I don’t like about them. This is my first makeup brush set and I love it totally. Whether you are a novice or a professional – you won’t regret buying these makeup brushes.
These brushes are now an integral part of my life and I just can’t do without them. Now I totally understand what it means to invest in a good set of makeup brushes. Of all the makeup purchases I have made over the months, thanks to all of you here at IMBB, this has been my best buy till date. These brushes have received a lot of attention from various people in this blogosphere and YouTube and Ecotools truly deserves it.
Will I repurchase: Yes, I just can’t wait to buy the eye brush set and kabuki brush. Let’s see when that will be.