Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent Spray
Lime, crushed leaves, wet earth, just how our world looks so clean and bright after a rain, like the sound of it? Trust me; you love the smell of it !!
This is exactly how I feel when I wear Green tea by Elizabeth Arden. 🙂
I’d give complete credit to my mum to introduce me to perfumes. They were never an integral part of my life till I moved to Hyderabad to finish my architecture course. I missed mum, a lot! Missed her comforting hugs after a rough day, missed her proud smiles when I topped design in class, missed her food and honestly I missed her smell. Mumma never wore flowers in her hair, she really didn’t smell of food ever. : P she smelt of lime and crushed leaves and mint and wet earth and the rain. She smelt of all my favorite things. 🙂
Let me tell you what the bottle says, but for me, you all know what it smells of.
It says it contains green tea.
Alcohol Denat, Water/Aqua/Eau, Parfum/Fragrance, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Citral citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isoeugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl Methane Ethylhexyl , Methoxycinnamate Ethylhexyl , Salicylate,
Green 3 (Ci 42053),
Yellow (Ci 19140).
(From the carton)
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep away from naked flame or direct heat sources. Do not apply to sensitive skin. Do not apply to broken or inflamed skin. If irritation develops, reduce frequency or discontinue use.
Introduced in 1999. Fragrance notes: citrus lemon, rhubarb, peppermint, oak moss, musk and amber. Recommended use: daytime.
From the Elizabeth Arden website-
From a lush green world of freshness comes Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, the uplifting fragrance that energizes the body, excites the senses and revives the spirit.
Top Notes: Caraway, Fruity Rhubarb, Lemon, Orange Zest and Bergamot
Middle Notes: Cool Minty Peppermint, Green Tea, Sweet Jasmine, Spicy Carnation, Fresh Fennel and Crisp Celery Spice
Base Notes: Oak moss, Musk and Amber.
When I spray it on, the first thing I can smell is lemon, this is followed by some alcohol smell (strongly stands out while deeply inhaling, compared to the rest of the mild smell). This is then followed by more lemony smell( stronger this time around), and after it settles down, when I smell it and hold it for a bit, I smell a freshly mowed lawn or crushed wet leaves.
One of the world’s favorite fragrances, I completely associate this with my mom. It’s easily available in India. Any Shoppers Stop/ Lifestyle/ Central/ Inorbit will definitely have this. (For the ones in Hyderabad, Kathiawar stores didn’t stock this when I went looking for it, neither did Cinderella.)
It comes in 3 sizes, 30ml, 50 ml and 100 ml. normally, I’d buy a 100 ml bottle since it’s the most economical and I usually buy tried and tested perfumes. But this time I had to pick up something I could carry in my bag at all times, could gift one to my mum for her bag for Mother’s day, and as they were anyway joining me in Hyderabad now, I knew I could use hers. 😉 I bought two 30 ml bottles. One, for my mum and the other for me.
The 30ml bottle cost me Rs 800. (Sometimes I feel they left it underpriced!)
The larger bottles are all below Rs 3000, (in fact, I think they are somewhere around Rs 2, 200 – Rs 2, 700).
I’d say, I’m partial to fresh citrusy and aquatic fragrances and I’ve finally realized how much we can relate to good times and memories through them. So I usually end up using the same fragrances over and over again, (not on purpose).
My other favorites would include Light Blue by D&G, Into The Blue by Escada and Eternity by CK (the strongest, spiciest and the only one not belonging to my “citrus” category of fragrances- again because my mum used to wear it during winters and I can relate it to the beautiful bon fires we had in Udhampur and Harchura as a kid). Harchura is a tea estate in a place called Phulbari near Tezpur, Assam. (Green tea- nostalgia- tea estate) ☺
The staying power of Green Tea
I would say this does last long thought it’s not really obvious. I’d say this because I had it on when I went to college, ran some errands and played with some dogs, it was around 6 pm, when I went to meet my maasi (I was sure, I was smelling bad, because I could really smell nothing on me- no no, no cold.)
- Still, she did point out I was smelling really fresh and nice. (Yay green tea!) But it’s definitely not a scent that would make you notice a stranger entering a room.
- The spice (in the base note) lingers on but it is very delicate and subtle. Not overpowering at all. In fact, it still smells very fresh.
- It is advertised as a morning fragrance, to keep you fresh and pretty smelling for hours! And I do stick to it.
- The packaging is pretty clean, and before you term it boring, you see half a leaf cutout in the carton that shows the other half of the leaf on the perfume bottle.
- A dull green and white carton, the bottle cap is a very light, dull ivory green itself and the rest of the bottle is transparent with a green tinge.
I personally am not a fan of the colour, the bottle is pretty, but it could’ve definitely been better suited to the fragrance inside. The bottle is a slightly rounded rectangle, it is tall and thin. I would’ve preferred the packaging to be fresher like the fragrance. But other than that, there is nothing I remotely dislike about this perfume.
Everyone has a particular scent, and green tea is something that smells different on everyone, just a fresher version of you. My mum uses it, my best friend does and I do too. But it seems slightly different on every one of us. ☺ All in all, a great fragrance, that instantly uplifts my mood and a great reasonably priced gift option.
Pros of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent
- Very inexpensive.
- Mild, delicate, fresh fragrance, not overpowering, good for people with sensitive noses.
- Long lasting.
- The leaf part on the pack is very cute.
- Suitable for all age groups.
- Easily available everywhere.
- Has a range of body washes and lotions so can be layered.
- Contains green tea. ☺
- Comes in a lot of variants, Green Tea Scent Spray Eau Parfumee Vaporisateur, Green Tea Intense Eau De Parfum, Lavender Green Tea Eau De Toilette, Green Tea Spiced EDP, also, sometime back, it had launched two limited edition variants.
Cons of Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Scent
- Dull packaging.
- Other variants are not easily available.
- My cousin finds it very mild, and doesn’t prefer using it, so I’m guessing people who prefer strong fragrances wont like this a lot.
- This does mention some cons, but, I’m not sure about it. Love it a lot!
Would I recommend this to anyone?
Yes Yes Yes!!!
My rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*