WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Two months ago, I went for a small shopping trip to Forest Essentials and bought two facial ubtans, the multani mitti one and Tejasvi, as most of the other things I wanted were out of stock.
This is my small haul!!! Yaaayyy!!!
So, I have been using both the face packs regularly, as the multani mitti one has been already reviewed here, I will review the Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan for you girls!
The next best to “fresh” is the “dehydrated” where everything in the herb remains intact, only the water content is removed. The finest quality herbs that are used in these powders are pure and unadulterated. Therefore, wherever practical, it is beneficial to use the dehydrated herb. When juices, milk, yogurt or rose water is added to these powdered herbs they are “hydrated” and the fullest benefits of these natural products in their entirely may be had. Perhaps not as fresh as nature intended, but closest to nature, the next best thing.
- Lightens Skin Colour.
- Adds Lustre and Glow.
- This completely natural skin wash and pack contains red sandalwood, wild turmeric, saffron and skin whitening herbs to make the skin tone several shades lighter naturally. This effective Ayurvedic mix of herbs and roots goes back many thousands of years. It contains potent herbs like Manjistha, Fig Leaves and Jivanthi which are proven to dramatically even the skin tone, lighten the colour and lustre and glow.
- Suitable for all skin types. (source www.forestessentialsindia.com)
Rs. 695/- for 50 gm of the product which comes in a plastic jar.
Kasturi manjal 14%, Neem leaves 12%, Fennel seeds 12%, Sweet almond paste 10%, Chirongi seed 7%, Sandalwood oil 6%, Fenugreek 5%, Nut grass 5%, Peepal bark 4%, Pista 4%, Vidarikand 3%, Anantmool 3%, Apricot oil 2%, Saffron 2%, Aralu 2%, Shalmali 2%, Sal 2%, Pittapapda 2%, Durva 2%, Full cream milk 1%.
Directions For Use:
Take half a teaspoon and mix with yogurt or rose water to make a creamy paste. Use this to wash face. Rinse well.
My Take on Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan:
So, I bought this in February and started using it regularly, but not as a face wash as mentioned in directions for use, but as a weekly mask treatment as well as a mild exfoliant. I used it twice a week; one time, I just rinse it off after 20 minutes and I don’t scrub, while the other time, while rinsing off, use it as a scrub for my face. Its a very beautiful scrub for people with sensitive skin or those who like small granules in scrub instead of those big scrubby particles. So, let’s see how this fared for me.
The above glass jar is of the Tejasvi and the below one is multani mitti ubtan. Tejasvi looks more granular, but in fact, has very less and very small scrub particles compared to the smoother looking multani mitti ubtan, hence looks can be deceptive!
Pros of Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan:
- The moment you open the jar, it gives out the fragrance of sandalwood. Even when you apply, it has this soothing sandalwood fragrance to it, which is very calming.
- As Forest Essentials claim, it is suitable for all skin types. Girls with dry skin should add milk or yoghurt and girls with oily skin should add aloe vera juice or rose water, its your choice. It did not leave any greasy feeling when I used the pack with rose water as I have oily skin.
- Yes, it does add clarity and lustre to skin, it’s a very good ubtan. I did not see any change in my skin tone, but it definitely removes that dull, lifeless feeling from the skin and after rinsing, you can definitely see some change.
- Its very easy to use, just a small quantity is enough for the entire face. I use one levelled teaspoon because I apply it to my neck too (you should face have all the fun 😉
- Even when I did not scrub it off while rinsing, I still got that clarity to my skin, and the days when I used it as a scrub too, it made my skin softer which any other exfoliating product would do, so its not mandatory to use it like a scrub every time, I like it as a mask and scrub both.
- Its good value for money! It is just 50 gms, but it would last me throughout the summers!
Cons of Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan:
- Its the packaging, no I am not talking about the plastic jar, but it’s the lid, its just so inappropriate. It gets stuck while opening or closing the jar, its not good at all!!
- When I apply this ubtan, I get a tingling sensation. The first time that I had applied it, I thought my face would be all red, but thankfully, when I rinsed it off, no red patches or irritation was there.
- I wish it came with a wooden spatula.
Otherwise, this is a really great ubtan from Forest Essentials. It gives that spa kind of feeling with all that sandalwood, its very calming to one’s senses plus it also does what it claims. So, I am happy with the product!!!
Would I Buy Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan Again?
Yes, definitely!! Do check in the store next time. They would even make small quantity paste from the “Try Me Jar” and apply it on your forearm to let you have the feel of the product , so definitely do try some next time!
Until next article,
Love and Light
Forest Essentials Mashobra Honey, Lemon & Rosewater Face Wash
Forest Essentials Soundarya Facial Ubtan
Forest Essentials Facial Scrub and Facial Treatment Masque
Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron & Neem
Forest Essentials Panchpushp Day Lotion
Forest Essentials Lavender and Neroli Light Day Lotion
Forest Essentials Panchpushp Facial Tonic Mist
Forest Essentials Starter Kit
Forest Essentials Multani Mitti Facial Ubtan