It’s hard to admit, but most of us who start out on our respective weight loss journey, want to lose fat from certain areas first – such as belly, thighs, or hips, and when that doesn’t happen, we get easily motivated. Everyone has different areas of concern, some women may feel they have bulging tummy while others complain about thigh fat, while a few others see back fat as their main issue. While spot reducing fat is not a feasible theory; with the correct form of exercise and diet program such as Rati Beauty, you can definitely trim your overall body and tone the problem area. At the outset, let us make it clear that your body type, genes, structure, and body shape all play important roles in determining from where you would be losing weight quickly and where you would be retaining fat for the longest. Experts also say that the first place you store the fat is generally the last place from where fat comes off from. But first, let us find out what body type and shape you have to get a clear picture of the body composition and what factors affect it.
Three Different Body Types:
Women tend to have more fat composition than men, and mainly carry weight around our hip and belly area, which can be attributed to our reproductive functions. The normal body fat percentage for women is around 14% to 30%. Now, talking about different body types:
There are three different body types – Ectomorph, Mesomorph, and Endomorph.
1. Ectomorph: People who belong to this category have high body fat percentage but have low weight, and are of small size. They have high metabolism and do not put on weight easily. Have you noticed how some women can eat whatever they can and hardly put on any weight? They most probably have ectomorph body type.
2. Mesomorph: People with this body type can lose weight and gain weight easily. They can also build muscle with ease. They have short limbs and long torso.
3. Endomorph: People who fall into this category find it most difficult to lose weight, and have fuller and curvy figure. Endomorphs have to put in more effort compared to the other two body types to lose weight. Correct form of diet and exercise should be part of this body type’s daily routine.
Now, talking about body shapes:
1. Pear or Triangle Type: If your hips are the widest part of your body, you have the pear shape or the triangle shape. Many celebrities have this body type such as Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Marilyn Monroe. For styling your body, use clothes that accentuate the waist. This creates a balance in the frame of your body.
2. Inverted Triangle Type: This shape occurs when the bust is the widest part of your body. Wide shoulders also feature it. It is considered to be a sporty body type characterized by muscular shoulders and narrow waists. Celebrities like Renee Zellweger and Naomi Campbell have this body type. They usually stand at a diagonal towards the camera to accentuate their feminine figure and to make their shoulders appear narrower.
3. Straight Type: This type of body shape typically occurs when all three measurements are more or less the same and give the appearance of a straight structure. A person with this body type does not have many curves. Supermodel Kate Moss has this body type. Generally people with this body type cinch their waists to create the illusion of curves.
4. Apple Type: Wide hips, bust and waist characterize this body type. People with such body types tend to wear flowing outfits that make the waist line less noticeable. They tend to accentuate other features of their body such as legs. Catherine Zeta Jones has this body type.
5. Hourglass Type: This body type is the most sought after by most women. A wide bust and hips as well as thin waist characterize the hourglass type. Sofia Vergara is known for rocking this body type as she wears outfits that enhance the curves of her body. She often wears dresses that have a mermaid cut – they accentuate the bust and hips as well as cinch the waist.
What is Body Fat?
Fat is excess and surplus calories from the food we eat that gets converted into triglycerides and are stored in the fat cells as lipid droplets. Calorie surplus is created when we haven’t burnt off these excessive calories through exercise or physical activity. Fat can be categorized into two categories – visceral (hard) fat. This fat is found around/in internal organs and it’s also called as white fat. This kind of fat triggers inflammatory response and can lead to metabolic diseases and cardiovascular issues. The next category of fat is also “subcutaneous fat” or soft fat. It is usually the layer of fat right under the skin.
Where Do you Melt Fat First?
Though our genes and body structure and shape play important roles in determining from where we would lose fat first, in general, most women start melting fat from their butt, hips, and thigh area. When we go into a calorie deficit and increase our activity levels, our body reaches out for fat storage to use as fuel and energy, and fat stores are randomly accessed, not in any particular order, so it’s not possible for a person to choose which area to burn fat fast. Coming to the point, you will first lose “hard fat” (visceral fat) that surrounds your organs like liver, kidneys and later, you will burn soft fat (belly fat, thigh fat, back fat, etc.). Women accumulate fat cells around their belly area, hips, thighs and these areas are usually the last from. However, you can build muscle and tone up your body, because the more muscle you have, the more fat you tend to burn – and that means, you would trim down all over.
Get the Body Shape you want with the Power of Visualization:
Weight loss cannot be achieved by depending on a single factor – correct diet, exercise, good metabolism, all play important parts in getting to your goal weight. However, there is a factor that we often do not give much importance to, which in fact, can help shape up your body, and it’s called creative visualization. One can put their subconscious mind to actually motor up their weight loss process. At the outset, this technique may not seem to hold much water or may not sound logical enough, but people who have lost weight by implementing this technique, will vouch for the power of visualization. It’s like making a vision board for your mind and body to represent your dreams and weight loss goals. Such a vision board can motivate your body to work towards achieving these goals and dreams. Visualization also helps to make the whole weight loss process is quicker when you do it with the right exercise and dieting technique. On the contrary, negative visualization will increase stress and cortisol levels, which can actually prevent the body from burning extra calories and fat storage. Creative visualization is also called “mental dieting,” and here’s how you can use it to your benefit and to lose weight. It’s programming our subconscious mind through imagination to attain a certain body image or to become slim. This visualization pushes the body to work towards achieving this image and with the correct diet and exercise, and in a few months, you would be able to see in the mirror exactly the body type that you had imagined and had always wanted. Scientifically speaking, to the subconscious mind, the situations that you imagine are also processed as real and that’s why when you imagine yourself as being slim and in a certain body shape, your subconscious mind will accept it as real and would work towards making your body stick to that particular image. This mental trick will make all the hard work that you put in effortless and easy. Also, when you visualize these things, your mind reads it as if it has happened. In fact, sportspersons and athletes often practice this trick to gain success in their respective fields. Here’s a detailed post on how to practice creative visualization to get the body shape you want.
Aerobic Exercises to Reduce Overall Body Fat
Is Calcium that Big Secret to Burn Belly Fat