What does it take to get limp, lifeless hair to look fuller in body? Many consumers swear by a specific hair care product to make hair look thicker and there are many shampoos that make the same claim. One product that does this is Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo, a product from Clairol.
It is sold in a see- through bottle with a red tint, making the shampoo inside appear to be orange. This shampoo includes a fusion of white nectarine and pink coral flower. As expected, these are the primary scents that are present. The smell is a little bit fruity (nectarine plus citrus) and a little bit flowery. Clairol recommends massaging this shampoo into your hair until a good amount of lather is formed; rinsing; and then repeating the process one more time for best cleaning.
Herbal Essences products are widely available and they can be found almost any place where shampoo products are sold. Body Envy is a product made for normal hair and it claims to add body and volume to limp, lifeless hair. I have tried this product several times mainly because I like the scent and because I wanted an extra lift to my hair. As for the other qualities of Body Envy, I find them to be good but nothing exceptional. Like I mentioned before, I like the scent more than anything else. It offers a nice combination of fruit and flowers and it reminds me of the scent you get with some of the popular scented candles.
The lather from this shampoo is good and it works itself up quickly. It also rinses out nicely. But one thing I have to disagree with is the manufacturer’s recommendation to use it once, rinse, and repeat the process.
• The scent is really good. It is not very strong or overpowering.
• It lathers up very well. I like this quality as not a lot of shampoos lather this well with my hair.
• It is decently priced.
• The packaging and the product looks so pretty. (he he)
• THE CHEMICALS!!!!!!!!!
• I have heard from so many people that it causes product build up. I haven’t noticed this as I rotate between lots of products.
• When I have applied oil to my hair, this shampoo does not remove all the oil with the first wash. I have to keep washing my hair to get the oil out completely.
• It does not deliver what it promises. I didn’t find any volume in my hair after I used this shampoo.
WOULD I REPURCHASE THIS?
No. I would rather try out something else.
Have you used Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Shampoo ? Please rate in the box below
Schwarzkopf Professional BONACURE Repair Rescue Shampoo for Damaged Hair
Make Up Break Down at my Brother In Law’s Wedding
Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
Garnier Fructis Fall Fight Fortifying Shampoo
Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo
Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
Clairol Herbal Essences Break’s Over Strengthening Shampoo Review