Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo Review
Hello Sweeties! :))
The heading suggests I must have bought this shampoo for hair growth 😀 .No, I haven’t. No shampoo can ever do that, such claims are highly exaggerating and false. Some of the Biotique products have really worked well for me. So my Elder sister gifted me this shampoo along with its conditioner Bio Sea Kelp (will review soon) few months back. So sab kuch FREE mein mila! 😀 I know many of you have lost their faith in Biotique products. I swear by their face packs but I dislike their range of shampoos with same intensity. 😀
Price- Rs 159 for 210 ml; Rs 99 for 120 ml.
• Intensive hair growth treatment
• High in vitamins, nutrients and minerals
• Has hair growth and strengthening properties
• Nourishes scalp and retards hair loss
Kelp is cold water seaweed high in vitamins, nutrients and minerals, coveted throughout the ages for its hair growth and strengthening properties. This nourishing shampoo is a blend of pure kelp, natural proteins, peppermint oil and mint leaf extract, to gently cleanse hair and invigorate the scalp for fresh growth and healthier shine.
Direction for use:
Apply liberally to wet hair and work lather through strands, from scalp to ends. Rinse well with water.
This is not a cosmetic product. It has therapeutic properties.
• Neem (Melia azadirchta indica) 1.0%
• Tesu (Butea frondosa) 2.0%
• Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata) 0.25%
• Bhringraj (Eclipta alba) 2.0%
• Ritha (Sapindus mukorossi) 4.0%
• Sajjikshar (Kelp or sea salt) 1.2%
• Himalayan water, Q.S.
Organically Pure & Preservative Free. No Animal Testing.
Neem can relieve dry and itchy scalp, dandruff, the symptoms of scalp psoriasis, as well as giving you silky, shiny, stronger hair and encourage growth. It can even help with hair problems like hair loss and premature graying.
Tesu encourages Hair growth on scalp and hair root regains health and nourishment.
Daruhaldi prevents dandruff and cures inflammation on hair follicles.
Bhringraj is very useful to rejuvenate hair, hair loss, and baldness.
Reetha is also used for removing lice from the scalp, as it has gentle insecticidal properties. It is used as the main ingredient in soaps and shampoos for washing hair, as it is considered good for the health of hair.
Sea Kelp is rich in Vitamin B Complex, zinc, iodine, magnesium. Sea kelp contains a variety of nutrients that may contribute to the overall health of your hair.
After having disastrous experience with Biotique Heena shampoo, :shocked: (I had severe hairfall and horrible scalp bumps) I was quite apprehensive to use any other shampoos from this brand. But as I got this as a gift, so decided to give it a try after seeing the ingredients list. This is the only shampoo from Biotique that doesn’t contain SLS. When I first used this shampoo, I found its fragrance to be a bit odd. It smells of raw green mangoes :yelo: with a hint of menthol. It doesn’t lather pretty well too. However my hair was squeaky clean when I diluted the shampoo with water and then applied. It gives my hair a shiny appearance. It has cooling effect on scalp, which is the best part of the shampoo. :jiggy1:
Pros of Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
• It Contains herbal ingredients such as Kelp, bhringraj, tesu, neem, all of which are highly acclaimed for their hair growth properties.
• It Contains peppermint oil, which soothes nerves and is highly relaxing.
• It is the only shampoo of Biotique range devoid of SLS.
• It is organically pure and preservative free.
• It is Not tested on animals.
• It Does not cause hairfall.
• It Gives shiny appearance.
• It is Very reasonable price, Rs 99 for 120 ml. One can buy the small one to see if it works well.
Cons of Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo
• It doesn’t lather much, so more quantity is required.
• Is it really preservative free? 🙂 I don’t think so.
• After 2-3 hours my hair looks very limp. 🙁
• Am tired of hearing this claim of so called ‘Intensive hair growth treatment’ from popular shampoo brands. :yawn:
• Weird smell of raw mangoes, totally turn off for me.
Will I Repurchase?
Yes, only during summers for the cooling effect on my scalp. Otherwise, am happy with my HG Papaya Shampoo.
Overall Recommendation: You can buy it for the refreshing and cooling effect of this shampoo during summers. But I am not sure on the hairfall part, didn’t cause hairfall in my case but can cause in your case.
Skin Care with Biotique Botanical Extracts
Biotique Seaweed Eye Gel & Almond Under eye Cream
Biotique Coconut Milk Cream
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50
Biotique Pistachio Ageless Nourishing & Revitalizing Face Pack
Biotique Bio Redwood Tinted Moisturizer