Himalaya Mud Pack – A review
Being blessed/cursed with oily skin I like using mud packs to fight excess oil. I have been on the look out for a good fuller’s earth or clay pack. I had previously tried Biotique’s mud pack and was not too happy with the result. Read review on Biotique Mud Pack
I have had a pretty good relationship with Himalaya products. I have liked most of their products. And thanks to their reasonable pricing, the ones I didn’t like have not been expensive mistakes. Hence I did not think twice about picking up their mud pack.
- Price: Rs 100/- for 75 gm
- Skin type : Suitable for oily skin.
- Recommended usage: once a week
What the product claims: A unique formulation of natural ingredients that refreshes and rejuvenates facial skin by absorbing excess oil and removing impurities. It is enriched with:
Walnut-which removes blackheads and dead cells
- Fuller’s Earth – which removes deep seated impurities, has cooling effect on skin with its anti-inflammatory properties.
Mineral Clay – which improves circulation and makes skin soft and tender
When I bought it, I was little puzzled because I know walnut granules and some peel off masks can remove blackheads. This pack is a smooth paste with no granules and is not a peel off mask. This made me wonder how it could remove blackheads. I decided perhaps it prevents blackheads.
As per the instructions, I cleansed my face and applied it evenly all over. While I waited for it to dry, I felt a tingling sensation. Though the product warns of a mild tingling sensation, I felt it was pretty strong. This had me worried that it was not agreeing with my skin.
After fifteen minutes I washed it off and was happy to see all the excess oil on my face had been absorbed and my face felt fresh and clean. This oil free look lasted me for a few hours. I have pretty oily skin and hence this was really good. However like I suspected it did not remove my blackheads.
I have been using this for three weeks now and it has not prevented the formation of blackheads either. However I must add that despite the strong tingling sensation it did not cause any adverse reaction on my skin
- Did not break me out (I have sensitive skin)
- Lives up to its claim of absorbing excess oil and leaving your skin fresh
- Decently priced
- Comes in a tube – simple but easy to use. I prefer tubes over containers, simply because they are easier to use and also more hygienic.
- Easily available – Himalya products are easily available in big and small stores and even in smaller towns. This might seem like a strange advantage for some of you. When I visit my hometown/travel I am sometimes forced to look for alternate beauty products as not all brands are easily available. Luckily I have never faced that issue with this brand!
- Did not remove/prevent formation of blackheads as it claimed.
- The strong tingling sensation. To be honest, I don’t know if its fair to call this a con as it has not caused any allergic reaction. But while waiting for the pack to try it is quite a bother!
Will I re-purchase? For it oil absorbing powers yes.
Rating – :-* :-*:-*:-*