How To Dress For a Perfect Date
Don’t we all love to go on dates once in a while .Well! I do . I and my boyfriend always try to balance out life with friends and all their chaos but in the end we do go on date night – just the two of us for dinner, movie or drive :). Whether it’s the first time with a new love or a night out on the town with your hubby, we girls must dress up for the occasion.. trust me it’s totally worth it. 🙂 The thing I dread the most is dressing for a date 🙁 I agonize as to what to wear when I go out for a date. Inspite of having tons of clothes which my mom keeps saying … I always yell “ I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR YAARRRRR !!! “ I think most of us must be doing this.:) In this article I will share a few dating fashion tips- do’s and don’ts . these all are like basics for everyone of us to know, no matter where we are going and what the occasion is . Hope you like it 🙂
- Always wear something which you’re comfortable in. You don’t want yourself to be self- conscious while you‘re out with him. Wear something that gives more insight into your personality. For an extra special touch, choose a color that he might like.
- Ill-fitted and shapeless clothes are a BIG NO- NO for any occasion but also don’t dress up like you’re trying to make a statement – THIS IS A MUST FOR PEOPLE GOING ON FIRST DATES. Women wearing skimpy clothes can leave wrong impression.
- Highlight your best feature by wearing clothes or accessories that compliment them. DRESS YOUR AGE. Don’t dress something that your granny will want to wear; dressing too old or too young is totally turn off.
- If you’ re going out with your bf/husband on a traditional romantic dinner date, keep in mind the style of Audrey Hepburn and not Dolly Bindra or Pamela Anderson ( big boss kafi dekh liya.. its taking toll on my life :rotfl: ). I recommend every women MUST have a basic black dress suitable for all occasions. They are always in style and you can always accessorize them accentuating your personality without over-doing it.
- If you’re going for a casual date like I go with my bf all the time, choose a structured T-shirt designed for women. Do not wear unisex T-shirts unless your goal is to look boyish and YEAH DON’T cut them up or tie them on the side to make them appear “SEXIER” . Trust me it looks TRASHY !!!
• Please choose fabrics that accentuate your figure, they should not look like they are repainted on you. Experiment with flowy fabrics, they make you look sensual. 🙂
• Too much BLING .It’ ll make your date FLING AWAY .:D Don’t overdo it please.
- Make-up should be subtle. Always remember NOT to overdo it. Your makeup should compliment you and should not look like it’s plastered on. Opt for neutral shades and hint of lip-gloss. Attractive and appropriate clothing along with subtle makeup can enhance your confidence, which will help you shine on your date.
- A casual day dress can double for night with proper accessorising, a pair of covered high-heels in your basic colours, sandals in a lighter shade though again, the basic colours apply here —I recommend each of us to have one.
- Lastly – Belts, handbags, scarves, brooches, necklaces, earrings, rings and bracelets/bangles are all good for dressing up an outfit and for changing your entire look. Just don’t go overboard and wear them all at once.
- It’s okay to change your look completely for a while, for example if you have limp hair apply mousse from roots to tip and then flip your head down and blow dry. This will give your hair a nice bouncy look..
- You can try experimenting with hair extensions to give you a completely different look – its perfect for a night out. If you have shorter hair, attach hair extensions underneath your hair and curl them to give you nice wavy curls.
- For a formal outing, try a glam hairdo – sleek French twist can never go out of style. 🙂
- It’s always good to wear branded/ designer clothes for a date but you must look classy and not like a fashion victim.. Please don’t dress yourself from head to toe in designer brands. Max one or two branded apparel/ accessories will look classy.
- Try on a new perfume to give you a boost of confidence. ☺ Also no matter what you are wearing you won’t feel confident and sexy if you are wearing droopy bra and granny panty underneath— Please buy sexy undergarments. YES girls!! If not about just how you feel but your undergarments will make a difference on how the clothes fit you.
Lastly, if you’re going on your first date. JUST be yourself, smile and be friendly. Work towards building trust and make a little effort to look good.Everything will go well.ENJOY 🙂
How do you dress for your date?