For me, one of the best discoveries of 2016, were Juvias Place eyeshadow palettes. I own all 3 that currently they have to offer, but I do know they have more on the way, which I am super excited about 😛 Read on to know more about the Juvias Place Nubian Eyeshadow Palette.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Juvia’s Nubian eye shadow palette features the most essential collection of neutral colors. Our highly pigmented colors blends flawlessly and has incredible wear-ability power. This palette is easy for everyday wear into night. This is a must-have palette great for all skin-types. Nubian eye shadow palette features 4 Transition Matte and 8 Shimmery Pearl Textured Colors.
$25, but sometimes you get it for less using coupon codes and during sale.
My Experience with Juvia’s Place Nubian Eyeshadow Palette:
Packaging: I love the packaging on Juvias Place palettes. Each palette follows a theme and this original Nubian (also similar to the Nubian 2) palette follows a theme and the Nubian 2 is inspired by the African empire in old Egypt and unlike Nubian 2, which gives you a bold and bright pop of color, Nubian 1 follows a more demure path, leaning more towards warm neutral browns and pinks, which I love. The front and the inside depict a portrait illustration of a gorgeous Egyptian woman. The palette has a secure magnetic closure. It does lack a mirror which I don’t mind as I hardly use them anyway. The eyeshadow pans in this palette are not as huge as the Nubian 2 and I find this palette to be quite travel friendly.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Texture and Pigmentation: I am quite impressed with the texture of these eyeshadows. They feel so incredibly smooth and creamy to the touch and perform as such. The mattes too don’t feel too powdery and almost have a silky feel to touch. Both the mattes and the shimmer shades perform incredibly. These shadows were designed to show up with full intensity on women of color and there is no doubt that these will. Just like all the other Juvias Place eyeshadows that I have tried, I did not find a single weak performing shadow in this entire palette.
While the mattes weren’t as effortless and pigmented as my all-time favorite Viseart shadows, I found them still very easy to work with and a great quality about them was that I could build up the intensity or wear them as a soft, diffused wash of color, which is sometimes what I look for with my neutrals (I have a different criteria than this when it comes to colorful shadows).
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
They adhere to the lid well without causing much fallout. Some shades which are extremely creamy and foiled work best patted on the lid with fingertips.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
I do wish this palette also had the names of the shades printed underneath the shadows like the other two palettes that I have tried from this brand, but since there is nothing to go on here, I will describe them by the row.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
- A light beige with a pink duochrome to it. It looks gorgeous as in inner corner highlight and yields great pigmentation but due to the light nature of the color doesn’t seem to show in the swatch. But the duochrome nature is very apparent when it hits the light.
- A warm yellow-based terracotta color, possibly my favorite shade to use as a transition. It blends very well and layers on itself beautifully to achieve opaque pigmentation or diffused for a softer look. I use this shade A LOT!
- A matte light brown shade. Also, great as a crease and transition shade. Also, easy to build up or diffuse for a softer look.
- A metallic champagne gold. It is highly reflective, very vibrant and packs a punch. Feels almost like a cream and for most vibrancy use it with fingertips. Love using this all over the lid or as an inner corner highlight.
Row 2- consist of all shimmers:
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
- A gorgeous metallic rose gold with a golden shift to it. This shade is so sweet and romantic.
- A metallic warm golden shade. Love this shade as well as all all over lid color.
- A warm peachy pink with pink shift. This has less of the metallic nature and more of a softer satiny sheen on the eyes.
- A warm rusty copper shade. This one too feels like a cream in a pan. Super intense and super pretty on the eyes.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
- A warm earthy reddish brown with a satin sheen. It’s great to add definition and depth to an eye look.
- A warm chocolate brown which has a mostly matte finish. It great as a crease shade. Easy to apply as a diffused soft wash of color or build up in intensity.
- A taupy- grey with a slight sheen to it. Love using this or the shade next to it to smudge out kohl or lower lash line.
- A charcoal grey. This shade is one of the only ones in this palette which is a bit cool toned. You could use this to smudge out kohl or lower lash line.
These shadows do not crease on me and last for over 8 hours, but the point to note is that I always use a primer. Also, thing to note here that I do not have much texture on my eyelids. Those with mature or textured lids might find this to crease since some shades are super creamy.
Overall, if you love earthy brown and pink tones or are looking an all over neutral color scheme palette which you can use both as daytime or for night time/party wear, I think you will really enjoy this. The price point is just right for such great quality shadows. I highly recommend this.
Pros of Juvia’s Place Nubian Eyeshadow Palette:
- Highly pigmented.
- Super creamy yet easy to work with.
- Beautiful array of wearable metallic and mattes.
- Long wearing.
- Easy to blend.
- Can be used for both day time /night time looks.
Cons of Juvia’s Place Nubian Eyeshadow Palette:
- None for me.
Juvia’s Place Nubian 2nd Edition Palette
Juvia’s Place The Masquerade Palette
Natio Contour Palette
Makeup Revolution Ultra 32 Shade Eyeshadow Palette – Mermaids Forever
MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Academy Romantic Efflorescence Palette
Laura Mercier Extreme Neutrals Eyeshadow Palette