Laura Paige Eye Shadow Pencil Sapphire 34
So I searched IMBB for any reviews on Laura Paige products (and also because I wanted to see if it is available anywhere nearby :-P) and nothing! Not even one review . 🙁
So I thought I’d introduce this brand to you guys.
About Laura Paige:
This company is in existence for over 25 years, and has been my go-to brand for when I need to pick something up quick, but don’t have time to go to a beauty supply store, for over 7 years now.
The company doesn’t test on animals (a great point in its favour), and, as they say, is a ‘Quality cosmetics range at true “value for money” prices’.
My experience with Laura Paige:
Naturally, I will want to buy something that is priced reasonable, or if priced high, at least is of superior quality. Also, it should actually deliver what it claims. Nothing is worse than buying something and getting something entirely different!
But Laura Paige is both, priced reasonable and works so well, you’d never believe that it isn’t a high-end brand. I’ve bought their pressed powders, brow gels and mascaras as well.
Finally on to the product… this is an eye shadow pencil, and can very well be used as eyeliner, even on the waterline. Now if that isn’t great, I don’t know what is!
It stays on all day (slightly fades, yet that is probably because I rub my eyes :-P) and doesn’t crease, even without a primer. I just glide it on, and it stays put.
This is what it looks like on my eye (just one swipe, not smudged).
Paraffinum liquidum, candelilla cera, mica, isopropyl lanolate, propylparaben, BHT, BHA (+/-CI77891/CI77491, cera alga, CI77510, CI77492, CI77499, CI75470, CI15850, duxus chinensis, talc)
Note: Paraffinum liquidum literally translates to ‘mineral oil’
Here is a swatch of the pencil on my finger.
I paid £2.29 (Rs.165), or $4.85
• Light blue (Sapphire)
• Lilac Spangle
• Pink Ice
• Soft Green
Pros of Laura Paige Eye Shadow Pencil Sapphire 34:
• The pencil’s wood is of very good quality. Easy to sharpen
• Glides on (doesn’t tug at the eyelids)
• Intense color
• Can be smudged (must be done right away, or it’ll “set”)
• Can be used as an eyeliner as well
• Not tested on animals
• Works even on the waterline (though stays for only about 5 hours)
• Doesn’t feather, bleed or crease
• No need of primer (although this depends from person to person I guess)
• Washes out with soap / face wash completely (if you are short of makeup remover)
• The pencil lasts for months, even if used on a regular basis
• Doesn’t sting my eyes at all
• The candelilla wax ensures it doesn’t melt in the summer
Cons of Laura Paige Eye Shadow Pencil Sapphire 34:
• Although it costs only Rs.165, with the shipping and handling charges etc, it will come up to approx. Rs. 780. However, since it is comparable to pencils costing that much, in my opinion, it is worth ordering.
• Gets blunt quickly. Not a problem for me, though, because I like my pencils blunt 😀
• Hard to find in local stores in India.
• Contains parabens
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt Review, Swatches
Avon Eyeshadows Review, Photos and Swatches
Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Shadow Pencil Electro Review, Swatch
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
Chanel Soft Touch Eyeshadow Taupe Grise 87 Review, Tutorial, Swatches
Inglot Eye Shadow Freedom System & My Palette
Chambor Eye Shadow Trio (Bronze)- Review