WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
L’Oreal Hydrafresh Lip Balm Review
My lips have always been dry, to the effect that I have used a lip balm since school days and can’t function a day without one. I believe lip balm addiction is a very real thing. So I usually buy organic lip balms from Fab India and VLCC which are great but this time around nothing was really working. What had spoilt matters further was that Nivea tinted lip balms didn’t suit me at all and each time I would wear them, my lips would look beautiful but would become extremely, crazily dry in a while. The more I applied it, the worse the problem became. So I picked this baby up at a whim at a ‘health and glow,’ store. It seemed like an indulgence but it has come through for me on the toughest, chappiest days.
What the website says about it: Product benefits: Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather.
My experience with the product: This is my first L’Oreal product and I must say the beginning has been good, thanks to this lip balm. Extremely moisturizing, it keeps my lips moisturized for a very long time. I don’t feel the need to reapply it constantly as the case with other lip balms. Packaging is as good as it gets, with the nozzle shown in the picture below that ensures precise application. You need a very small quantity for effect. It leaves the lips with a nice healthy sheen. There is a very mild fragrance and it is tasteless, which I totally love. It is not a candy lip balm which simply tastes and smells good but does not do its actual job. I will recommend it to everyone who has perpetually dry lips
I used to have this perception of L’Oreal products of being loaded with chemicals and still do. Even in this lip balm, the ingredients are mentioned in a middle-eastern language or something.
Yet, to reduce the incessant hair fall, I am considering their shampoo as a next purchase.
Figure 1: the color you see on the tube is a nail paint that got left open 🙂
Pros of L’Oreal Hydrafresh Lip balm:
1. Very moisturizing.
2. No need to reapply often as with other lip balms.
3. No lingering taste or smell.
4. Hygienic packaging.
5. One tube lasts a long time.
6. Gives a nice, glossy sheen to the lips.
7. Available easily at all L’Oreal counters.
8. This is a weird one…but the lip balm doesn’t cause addiction! That is very cool and surprising. Considering how moist it makes my lips but I appreciate that it doesn’t make me want it all the time.
Cons of L’Oreal Hydrafresh Lip balm :
1. Ingredients not mentioned in English on the tube, aren’t mentioned on the website as well. Makes you wonder what kind of chemicals have been put in. The fear is only aggravated by the fact that the brand tests on animals.
2. Pricey for a lip balm.
3. No spf.
4. I wish it had a tint. Then it would be an all in one lip balm maybe I would not spend any more money on lip-gloss/lipsticks etc. haha, isn’t that the dream.
Would I recommend it? I totally would. I don’t have dry skin so no scope of trying their hydrafresh range. But I think if their lip balm is any preview, the range will be a boon for dry skinned beauties.
Would I purchase it again? Yes I would
Rating: 5 stars
L’oreal Glam Shine Lip Gloss Moon Crystal Review, Swatches
Oriflame Essentials Hydra Rich Lip Balm
Chambor Hydra Max Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser
Blistex Medicated Lip Balm
Avon Lip Balm vs Nivea Lip Balm
Lipice Lip Balm Lemon Review, Photos
L’Oreal Professionnel INOA Hair Colour