Another body lotion review from me. What can do? I love lotions! I’m constantly on the search for lotions that will work for me and which I can rotate according to the condition of my skin and the current season. Right now my skin is a little on the dry side, and the lotion I’m using for it this summer is Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion.
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion Logo
Lubriderm is an American drugstore brand, under Johnson & Johnson. They sell a variety of body lotions according to skin type, and all products claim to be dermatologist developed. This lotion was given to me by my aunt from the USA who recently came home for a vacation. She knows that my skin is dry and that I love lotions, and gave me this new brand to try. She gave me a 6 fl oz. bottle that is just the right size for trying out the product and deciding if I like it. I checked it on Drugstore.com (I keep mentioning this site because I’ve ordered from them before and was satisfied with their services) and the 6 fl oz. size costs only $4.79.
Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion
• Contains vitamin B5 and skin essential moisturizers
• Clinically shown to moisturize skin for 24 hours.
• Clean, non-greasy feel.
Daily Moisture lotion is our solution to replenish and moisturize dry skin. This non-greasy formula with Vitamin B5 and skin essential moisturizers naturally found in healthy skin, improves your skin’s moisture barrier for healthier-looking skin. Clinically show to moisturize for 24 hours. Also available in a
We believe everyone deserves to have healthy, comfortable skin.
Lubriderm, the brand developed by dermatologists, offers specialized formulations with essential nutrients naturally found in healthy skin.
Ingredients listed from the back of the bottle
Checking the ingredients list, I immediately noticed Mineral Oil which is an ingredient I try to avoid. In my experience, using moisturizing products with mineral oil tend to leave my dry skin even more dry. Still, I decided to give this lotion a try. I didn’t want this lotion from my aunt to go to waste anyway. The variant I have is the regular one, not the fragrance-free one and it has a nice, mild soapy scent, nothing too strong.
What I like about this Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion
• Its totally non-greasy consistency which dries off really quickly and gives no sticky feeling at all. The light, somewhat watery texture is great for the hot, humid days of summer, and when I’m going out I like putting this on knowing it won’t make me feel even more sweaty later on.
• It’s gentle and didn’t irritate my skin.
• It’s really easy to spread and only takes a little time to apply on my legs and arms.
• The clean, simple bottle.
What I don’t like about Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion
• It’s indicated on the bottle that this is for normal to dry skin, and I’d say my skin currently falls into that category, but this is still not moisturizing enough for me. Just a couple of hours after application, my skin begins to feel tight and dry, and if I don’t re-apply for about ten hours after, it gets a bit flaky.
• The mineral oil content. Perhaps if it didn’t have this ingredient it would be more moisturizing for me?
Once I finish this bottle, no, I would not purchase a new one. I like its light consistency for hot weather, but I don’t find it moisturizing enough. I’d rather look for another lotion that’s also light enough for summer yet provides me enough moisture. I think this might work better for those with oily or normal body skin who want a nice lotion that’s no-fuss and inexpensive.
Have You Used Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion Before? Please Rate in the Box Below:
The Body Shop – Vitamin E Moisture Lotion SPF 15
MAC Studio Moisture Fix Lotion
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour Moisturizing Cream
Lakmé Fruit Moisture Honey & Avocado Winter Perfect Day Lotion
11 thoughts on “Lubriderm Daily Moisture Lotion Review”
Ive used lubriderm a long time back…the bottle used to be different then… i found it ok ok not great!!
Yeah exactly shanaiia, it’s ok but not great.
hmmm..never heard of this brand before..good review Ira!! 🙂 🙂
Thanks cali. :)) :))
This totally reminds me of Cetaphil lotion. I love body creams or body butters more than the lotion because I have very dry skin and my skin sort of drinks up the lotions pretty fast. Or let’s say I have not found a very very very moisturising lotion.
True Rati their packaging looks very similar. And the cetaphil lotion I didn’t find moisturizing enough either. I also prefer body butters too, thicker stuff…can’t stand it in summer though.
i have tried this…when someone came from US…i quite liked it :)..
Varshini lucky you, you must have normal, not too dry skin, glad this works for you. :))