WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour Moisturizing Cream – Review
Vaseline Total Moisture Cream was an unintended purchase I must say, since I was on the look out for a handy, travel size body lotion/cream from any of the brands which would be of help during my short visit to Bangalore last month. I roamed around the store and noticed this small tube and with no second thought grabbed it. Unlike Kerala, winter is a bit harsh in Bangalore and I dint want to take the risk of having dry, patchy skin on my body so I was quite prepared to bear with this thick, greasy cream which would save me better than the non-oily body lotions which I usually prefer. Vaseline has a body lotion too in the same range but I preferred cream because of 2 reasons- thick cream is more of help during winter, and cream comes in a tube which is safe to be carried along while travelling unlike lotion which is in flip open bottle.
What the product claims:
Vaseline total moisture 24 hour moisturizing cream with milk, honey, vitamin E & glycerin for any winter problem such as dry knees & legs, dry area around the lips, winter damaged skin, dry arms & elbows, cracked heels & itchy skin.
As usual I couldn’t stop my curiosity when I saw some not so common ingredients in the list and here are the details:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: – an oily liquid made from coconut oil. In cosmetics and personal care products, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is used since it slows the loss of water from the skin by forming a barrier on the skin’s surface. An emollient; helps seal in moisture and gives your skin a smooth feel.
Sodium Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate: – A thickener; gives the cream a thick, rich feel.
PEG-100 Stearate:- made by combining natural oils (oftentimes palm or coconut) with Stearic Acid to form a water-soluble ester. PEG-100 Stearate is primarily used by the cosmetics and beauty care industry as an emollient, an emulsifier and a moisturizer, although PEG Stearates in general are also known to clean the skin and hair by helping water to mix with oil and dirt so that they can be rinsed away.
Price: Rs 38 for 40gm.
What I liked the most in Vaseline 24 hour Total Moisturizing Cream:
- Moisturizes well.
- Contains all wonder ingredients which give the much needed moisture for dry skin especially in winter-glycerine, vitamin e, milk & honey extracts.
- Skin stays soft and moisturized for a long time, and I could find my arms and legs quite soft the next day morning.
- Comes in different convenient sizes (7gms, 20gms & 40 gms packs) and a perfect choice if you are travelling.
- Very reasonably priced – 7g @ Rs. 5/-, 20gm @ Rs. 22/- & 40g @ Rs. 38/-
- Smells fine, well I dint find it very good or too bad- neutral I should say though I still cant make out what exactly does it smell like.
- Easily available – I could spot this in many shops including super markets, beauty shops, medical stores and so on.
What I dint like in Vaseline 24 hour Total Moisturizing Cream :
- Packaging is boring; I hate and hate the color of the tube. However this squeezable tube I found pretty convenient for travel.
- Difficult to spread on skin, might be because am not quite accustomed to using such thick body creams. Felt like am dabbing on some ointment like Moov or so, err… I feel moov spreads better…
In short I must admit this was a real savior for me and a perfect pick since it met all the criteria which I was looking for when I bought it. Even after coming back I do use this at times especially when I find dry patches on my arms/feet. My rating would be :-* :-* :-* :-*
Have you used Vaseline 24 hour Total Moisturizing Cream? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Vaseline Healthy Hand and Nail Lotion Review
- Vaseline Aloe Fresh Hydrating Body Lotion Review
- Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion Review