Hi Everyone! Let me share my experience with this product I got from Lush 🙂
My skin type: I’m in my mid 20’s. I have combination skin (normal to oily ) oily on Tzone. My forehead, nose and apples of my cheeks have visible open pores. I get to see white heads and small zits formed from these whiteheads every other day. So basically i have combination, acne prone skin. If i get to skip my cleaning routine even for a single day, I get pimples the next morning.
5-6 months back I was suffering from more than average pimples (both big and small zits) and my normal skin care routine was not working anymore. So I changed almost all the products I was using. I was introduced to Lush through internet and Grease lightening has a big fan following. So i was enticed enough to order it quickly.
Price: Rs. 760 ( India) , around Rs. 450 (around) in the UK.
Quantitative Ingredients: Thyme, Rosemary and Tea Tree Infusion, Water, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Sea Water, Grape Juice, Carrageenan Extract, Lavender Oil, Witch Hazel Extract, Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben.
What Lush says:
Strikes the spot with lightning precision
This is for those times when something erupts on your face and you just need it gone as soon as possible.
Grease Lightning is a clever combination of natural ingredients that attack spots without taking it out on the rest of your skin.
My take on Lush Grease Lightening:
This is a clear gel with the mixed fragrance of natural and medicinal plants. It glides too smoothly that one pump covers the whole face. This is a sturdy black bottle with a pump nozzle.
With me this product started working from day 1. As i have whiteheads, my face is bumpy most of the times. So I use one pump as seen in the picture for my whole face. This is basically a spot treatment gel, but i apply this all over my face.
We can use this before moisturizer or after. For one month I used it under moisturizer and then i tried after moisturizer. For me it worked after moisturizing. And whenever I get a bigger ugly bump I put a whole lot of this on it as a spot treatment. I use it both morning and evening time. My skin has improved a lot after using this.
Note : Also,im using Fresh Farmacy – a face cleanser. (Another famous product from Lush ).
They both together works great for me.
Important point: Use it on a spot where you think there is a possibility of a pimple to grow. Like where you think the zit is raising its head. 90% of times Grease lightening will stop it from growing out.
Pros of Lush Grease Lightening:
• This really works on pimples
• One pump is enough for whole face
• Good for oily skin
• Bottle is sturdy enough to store or carry anywhere.
• Can use it as many times you want in a day to work faster as it has zero side effects.
• This is the first thing which has worked on white heads on my face.
• Packaging from recycled material.
Cons of Lush Grease Lightening:
• Expensive 760+ shipping.
• I wish the bottle was transparent.
• This bottle pump is not in my control completely. If I need little more than one pump which is what my requirement is most of the times, I get two whole pumps.
• Very important to note. When you get to know that the pimples is drying and wont get worse now, don’t put GL on it as a spot treatment anymore as it will leave a scar which will take lot of time to disappear. ( If you dint understand this point, let me know please I will explain again ).
Will I buy it again:
Yes please. I have already got it again. This time I ordered from UK . There the cost is around Rs. 450 . But the shipping is too high. So me and my friend combined our order and shared shipping charges. We are very happy with our lush shopping.
If you have any questions I would love to answer them.
Lush Herbalism Facial Cleanser
Lush Dream Cream
Lush Charity Pot
Lush Trichomania Dry Hair Solid Shampoo
Lush I Love Juicy Shampoo
Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
Lush Aqua Marina Cleanser
Lush Baby Face Cleanser
Lush Buche De Noel Cleanser