What is MAC Greasepaint stick?
Greasepaint Stick is available in eight fabulous, limited-life shades… the ultimate inky colour payoff is an homage to the success we had with Style Black and DSquared last season.
Use as a Shadow or Liner: ludicrously long-wearing, transfer- and water resistant, flexible and five-star comfortable.
Shades Available :
- GREENGREASE -Blackened forest green
- SLICK BLACK -True carbon black
- UNIFORMLY BLUE -Blackened navy
- ZINC ZONE -Dark gunmetal
- DIRTY -Blackened taupe with pearl
- BELOW GROUND -Blackened bronze
- BROWN, NOW -Blackened burgundy
- CHARRED MAUVE -Blackened violet
What I love about MAC greasepaint sticks?
- They are easy to use, in fact they are fun to use. Just apply them, blend them all over your lid , apply mascara and you are done.
- They don’t smudge or budge.
- They don’t crease.
- They stay on nicely for good 8- 10 hours.
- You don’t have to apply a separate base to make them last longer on your lids.
- They are soft and apply smoothly all over the lid. No tugging or pulling your eye lids.
- Excellent for smokey eyes.
What I don’t like about MAC Greasepaint Sticks?
- All the 8 shades have a black base. You can only do smokey eye looks with these.
- MAC states that you can use them as an eye liner but in my opinion, they are too thick to use that ways. You can apply it as a thick line and then smudge it. To give definition, you would HAVE to apply a liquid liner.
- These are retractable and quite soft as well. There is a high probability that you might end up breaking them. I suggest that you twist only as much you require for your usage.
- The application dries pretty quickly. If you don’t move your fingers /brush quickly, it would be a pain to blend it.
Overall I think, if you love doing smokey eyes you must get your hands on atleast one of them. My vote would go for Dirty. It is a blackish bronzy brown shade with pretty shimmer to it. I mostly wear browns and blacks over any other colours so dirty is THE shade for me.
I was planning to buy Slick Black or Brown, Now but now I think Dirty would do a good job for brown, black, dark blue, khaki smokey eyes so it’s a pretty versatile colour.
I applied Dirty all over the lid and then applied khaki colour just on the outer corner and blended it inwards. On upper lash line I applied the Clinique Cream liner – Black Honey
Overall I think I love the idea of grease stick. They are so much fun and easy to use. From the MAC Art Supplies collection, I would say these are a must pick. 🙂
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*
MAC Art Supplies collection is launching in India in a few days.
What do you think of greasepaint sticks?
The product shown in this entry was sent by the company/ PR for consideration.