Curly hair never goes out of style but it needs more care than straight hair as it tends to be more brittle, dryer, and frizzy. Curly hair needs extra time and effort to stay as pretty as possible. The primary cause of frizz is breakage and damage caused by moisture loss and it is one of the biggest misconceptions that frizzes occur only on curly hair. Frizzy hair can be straight, curly or even wavy.
How to manage frizzy curly hair:
Mentioned below are some tips to keep your curly hair healthy, frizz free and manageable.
• Use a mild and non- detergent based shampoo to wash your hair. Instead of washing every day, try to shampoo every other day. This is because people with naturally curly hair tend to have dry hair and over shampooing will make it worse.
• Use protein based conditioners. Protein conditioners are not very detangling. Use an additional conditioner if your hair tangles. Always rinse with the coldest water you can stand after using a shampoo and conditioner. The cold water “locks down” the cuticle and makes hair appear slicker and less frizzy.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
• Never use a brush on curly hair. De-tangle hair in the shower by running a wide tooth comb through your tresses while conditioning.
• Never rub hair with a towel. This will aggravate the cuticle and cause it to stand up.
• Apply an ultra-moisturizing deep conditioner every week. After shampooing leave it on for 10-30 minutes before rinsing. This extra moisture will last all week, smoothing out rough cuticles and helping to repair damaged ends.
• Mix ½ cup virgin coconut oil with 1 tbs of mayonnaise in a mug. Place mug in hot (not boiling) water until warm. Apply throughout, focusing on lower ¾. Leave on 30 minutes and wash twice with moisturizing shampoo. This not only puts back lost oil, but increases natural shine.
• Opt for products that contain UV protection.
• Use a diffuser attachment if you want to dry your frizzy hair using a blow dryer. Diffusers minimize heat damage from blow dryers by distributing the harsh dryer heat more evenly throughout your hair. Don’t hold the dryer too near your head.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
• Avoid using products with alcohol. They can dry your hair.
• Take 1 tsp honey, 2 tbs olive oil and 1 egg yolk. Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Massage strands in small sections and wrap your head with shower cap for 30 minutes. Rinse and shampoo as usual. It is a great homemade conditioner to tame your curly hair.
• Use hair serums available in the market to tame your fizzy hair. Leave-in conditioners are also very helpful in keeping your locks soft and manageable.
• Don’t use any products made with petrolatum oil or any other minerals as these elements can clog the pores of your scalp and retard the hair growth.
How do you take care of your frizzy curly hair?
Frizzy Hair: Causes, Treatments, Products, Home Remedies
How to Curl Hair at Home, Get Curly Hairstyle and Manage Curls
How to Blow Dry Fringe/Bangs for Curly/ Wavy hair
Daily Beauty Tips : Curly Hair
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize