WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer Review
A bronzer I feel is the last but not at all the least step in makeup-and in my opinion, its applicability should not be restricted to evening parties. Bronzers give that warm glow on cheeks during daytime and although our Indian skins don’t need a bronzer for a tanned sun-kissed look (hehe-the sun gets us baked literally!!) I feel bronzers can be used to highlight and contour the cheek beautifully. So couple of months back, I was on the lookout for a good bronzer. The Lakme fantasy collection wasn’t revealed till then-and at the counters of a makeup store- I came across the Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer. I had been on the lookout for the mousse blushes for long-but seeing a bronzer in Mousse form just couldn’t stop me from buying it . 🙂
Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer (Shade: Glistening Sun) Price Rs 190
Product Details mentioned in the Maybelline Website:
Why You’ll Love It
• Air-whipped mousse bronzer feels satin-soft on skin, glides on smoothly and blends easily for a seamless glow
• Long-wearing formula provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks without clogging pores
For Best Results
With your fingertips, pat a small amount of bronzer onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more bronzer.
The Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer comes in an similar small tub as the Maybelline mousse blushes. The product looks like a smooth paste with a copper-gold shade. The texture is absolutely smooth and glides on easily.
My take on Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer:
The first time I used the Maybelline bronzer was for a marriage reception party and where I usually love to highlight the apple of my cheeks and the cheekbone. On applying this bronzer-I felt the texture to be really smooth and it blended like dream. However, the pigmentation, I felt is not that of a highlighter-and on the contrary gives only a subtle glow on the skin. This makes the cheeks look healthy and not shiny. Also I felt that the amount of color and shine could be controlled very nicely-and it hardly ever looks OTT. For oily skinned people like me- the staying power of the mousse bronzer is average-and in this respect-powder bronzers make a score.
So here are the Pros and Cons:
Pros of Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer
1) Smooth texture that blends flawlessly
2) Price is reasonable
3) Shimmer is controllable and buildable
4) Doesn’t look OTT
5) Lightweight –didn’t break me out
Cons of Maybelline Dream Mousse Bronzer
1) It does not highlight the cheeks much-you can see on my pic below-it barely shows up as a metallic orange tinge.
2) For skin of my type-that gets oily after some time of makeup-the staying power of this bronzer may be not so good-and certainly not better than powder bronzers.
3) Comes in a tub form-while picking up, the product sticks to my finger nails -and using a brush picks up a lot of product.
One thing I found nice about this product is that it works superbly as an eyeshadow base. I used it over my lids and found the eyeshadows popping their colors. So having found two uses of it-I rate this product 3.5 on 5. But as for bronzers- I will look out for powder ones henceforth.
Here is me wearing the bronzer.