Maybelline Dream Mousse blush in Peach Satin
What is Maybelline dream matte mousse blush: An Air-soft formula which provides luminous, long-lasting color on cheeks. Glides on smoothly and blends easily for seamless color and a natural, radiant finish. Air-whipped mousse delivers satin-soft feel on skin. Long-wearing formula will not clog pores. (From the Maybelline site)
How to apply: With your fingertips, pat a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Use feathery strokes to blend gently from your cheekbones to your temples. To build color intensity, apply more blush. (Maybelline site)
Priced at: Rs.180 approximately
Amount you get:
When I bought this blush about 2 yrs ago the only shades available were Peach Satin and Soft Plum. Though I’ve heard they have added new shades to the collection now. The pot is an exact replica of the dream matte mousse foundation but about one third the size, but the small pot will last you a good amount of time since very little is required of it for each application.
What I like about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Blush:
- • I’m a sucker for cute little pots and then if it’s in pink..!! How can a girl not love it..?? The pot is made of glass but its quiet chunky so it doesn’t breaks. How do I know..?? I being the most clumsy person on planet earth have dropped it N no. of times and its still intact. 😛
- The texture is amazingly superbly soft and blends like a dream. The blendibility factor makes its application a breeze. You don’t have to worry about the harsh lines that you sometimes see with other blushers if not blended carefully, but with this you just swipe it on you cheeks and that’s it.
- The product has silicones which prevents caking and also imparts the velvety texture. It also has jojoba oil as one of its main ingredients.
- Maybelline dream matte mousse blends seamlessly into skin giving a very subtle glowy finish, that’s nothing but natural.
- Though the mousse has shimmers they are not the chunky types. Actually it is these shimmers that provide the glowy finish.
- This provides the people with oily skin the feel and ease of a cream blusher without the creaminess and greasiness. These are silky but not at all greasy.
- The amount of pigmentation is just right for my fair skin, so it looks very subtle (yes even with the shimmers) but it can be built upon for heavy coverage.
- People with dry skin can also use it unlike the foundation. My mom has dry skin but she wears this as well, but if she wants a very, made up kind of look she layers it with a swipe of her powder blushes.
- The little pot will last you atleast a year for sure. I’ve been using it from quiet sometime and I still have a lot of product left.
- I recommend it 200% for beginners who have a hard time blending powder blushes, since there is absolutely no way you can mess up its application
- Very cheap for the product quality. I would definitely pay more for such a product.
- It is non comedogenic. Which means it doesn’t clog pores.
- It stays on me for a pretty decent amount of time, for about 3 hours after that you can see it fading.
What I dislike about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Blush:
- You have to put your fingers in the pot to get the product out and in the process you are definitely going to get some of the product under your nails. Though I have plenty of spatulas for products like these which come in pots.
- There are limited shades available in India. Whereas they launched 6 shades in the US.
- The shimmer in it is pretty but due to the shimmer you can’t use it in daytime.
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-*
Will I buy it again: Yes, but I still have some product left with me. But I’m going to check out if they have any shade without the shimmers and if they have it. I’m definitely going to buy it.
By now you all must have come to know that I am a big fan of the Maybelline Dream matte mousse range. I’m using the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation from a very long time now. I know a lot of ladies here are not fans of this range, actually they really hated the foundation. But one thing that was common in everyone’s opinion was that they loved its texture, because its very light and fluffy and blends and smoothens on the skin like a dream. Now did you notice that the blushes in this range don’t have the word ‘matte’ in the name. The texture and concept is the same, but this blush is not matte. So ladies if you liked the feel and texture of this range you must give it a try. Since the price is really very affordable. But you can always first try this in the stores, but this time don’t swatch it on your hands like you did with the foundation, but dab a little on your cheeks and see for yourself.
I have heard people saying that it accentuates dry patches and it needs a very nicely scrubbed skin to look good. But what I want to know is, which makeup product looks good on dry splotchy skin?? None right..
Ok, I just said above that I have an over flowing supply of spatulas with me. Now I got all these spatulas for free. I actually don’t even know any place where I can buy these spatulas. How I got them..?? Do you use bleach.?? No I don’t , but my sister does. So I just tell her to never throw the spatulas after using the bleach. Now being the obedient sister she collects the spatulas with her and give them to me. I then sanitize them with the blue doctors spirit (I don’t know what it’s called). Tada! free spatulas for every tub and pot I have. 🙂
BUY Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Blush.