Hi Everyone, I am reviewing here today, Mehron’s Barrier Spray, which is actually a makeup fixer and sealer. I have not used MAC Fix and cannot compare both of these, but this product also does the same job.
About the Brand:
Mehron was founded in 1927 by Mehron Melik who began producing Professional Theatrical Makeup by hand for the Performers of his day. Over eight decades later, Mehron is still producing Professional Performance Makeup with quality ingredients in the USA. Mehron Makeup has applied the knowledge it has gained from eight decades of Professional Theatrical Makeup production to all aspects of Makeup Application, including the Makeup Applicators, Makeup Removers and Professional Makeup Accessories.
- Barrier spray is a clear liquid that sets makeup designs and protects sensitive skin from latex and adhesives.
- Great for all makeup applications such as, modeling, TV, stage, clowning, face painting, Halloween, special effects and photography.
- Insulates sensitive skin from harsh adhesives, may be misted on top of finished powder to set and preserve.
- Can be used under or over makeup to set it after applying powder.
- Alcohol-based film designed to create a barrier between skin and makeup.
- Reduces sweating, provides protection from allergic reaction and irritation from makeup, latex and spirit gum.
- Allows makeup to be applied evenly.
- Barrier Spray™ was developed as an under base for 3-D Gelatin appliances to increase durability. Barrier Spray™ by Mehron is “wonder spray” that also works to insulate sensitive skin from harsh adhesives.
- Barrier Spray™ may be misted on top of finished powder makeup to set and preserve the makeup application.
- Barrier Spray™ can be used under makeup to stop sweat or over makeup to set it after applying ColorSet Powder.
- Barrier Spray™ is another innovation of Mehron, Premier Performance Makeup.
9.95 dollars (around INR 520) for 2 oz. / 60 ML.
Directions For Use:
Lightly mist from approximately 8 inches directly onto the skin or over makeup. Remove with soap and water. After use, pump warm water through nozzle to clean. Do not spray in the eyes.
The product comes in a convenient spray pump, plastic bottle. It’s a sleek, lightweight, easy-to-carry around bottle. The packaging is simple (like most professional use products) but functional.
SD Alcohol 40B , water, Acrylates/Octylacrylamide copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Methyl parabens.
My Take on Mehron Barrier Spray:
I had seen a few Youtube videos where this product was used and compared to MAC fix+spray. Well, I haven’t used MAC Fix as yet, so cannot comment whether both of these are same.
Mehron Barrier Spray is a clear liquid which can be used to set makeup as a final touch. The product comes in a convenient-to-use spray bottle, which releases a fine mist like spray. For full face, I need to spray this 2-3 times. The spray should be used with closed eyes only, as it has alcohol in it and it will sting if it gets into the eyes.
I use the spray occasionally and only when I do complete makeup for formal occasions/parties. On immediate application, I feel as if I have something slightly sticky on my face, but it dries within a minute and there is no stickiness at all then. The spray also gives a slight glow/shine.
The spray has a strong medicinal/chemical-ish smell, reminds me of nail paint removers, probably of the alcohol component in this. However, the smell subsides within a minute.
The spray does set the makeup well. This has become my staple for party makeup. Whenever I use this, my makeup stays fresh for really long, does not fade, smudge or transfer. I haven’t tried whether it makes makeup waterproof, but it does claim that too. It slightly reduces the oiliness and sweating on the face (though I haven’t tried it in full summers).
Overall, it’s a great product and I would definitely recommend this.
Pros of Mehron Barrier Spray:
- Makes makeup waterproof.
- Reduces makeup transfer.
- Increases staying power of makeup.
- Slightly reduces oil and sweat on the face.
- Convenient-to-use spray bottle.
- One bottle lasts for long/many sprays.
- The product is not tested on animals.
Cons of Mehron Barrier Spray:
- Strong, chemical-ish smell.
- Main ingredient is alcohol.
- Contains parabens.
- Nonavailability in India.
4 on 5 :-* :-* :-* :-*
Victoria’s Secret Luscious Kisses Eau De Toilette Spray
Tresemme Heat Defence Styling Spray
Skindinavia Makeup Finish Spray
MAC Fix + Spray
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray with SPF 50
The Body Shop Lemongrass Deodorising Foot Spray
Shimmer Body lotion, Soufflé & Spray: Dove & Oriflame
Fab India Bitter Orange Facial Spray
FabIndia Lemongrass Facial Spray
The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist
Forest Essentials Panchpushp Facial Tonic Mist
H2O Plus Oasis Mist
La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water
Lush Tea Tree Water