Gurls, HD is here :)- Rati.
Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock spray with SPF 50, UVA Index 16
This one is for you Sush. 🙂
I was looking for a sunscreen with 30+ SPF and based on the various positive feedback I had heard about Lotus sunscreens, I straightaway went to the Lotus counter. The SA showed me this one and the other cream sunscreens and since cream is what I had used until now I decided to give the spray one a shot and I am so glad I did that.
What it claims : This easy to use fine mist spray offers quick protection from UVA & UVB rays. It provides Broad-Spectrum UVA & UVB protection. It is a non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly providing a fresh and clean feel. Suitable for all skin types.
Ingredients : Contains active herbal extracts of
- Sage : Natural Sunscreen
- Chamomile : Moisturising
- Thyme : Protects from environmental damage
Price : Rs. 195 for 80 ml. I got it at a discounted price of Rs. 150 at the beauty store near my place.
What I like about Lotus Herbals Intensive Sunblock Spray SPF 50
- The bottle mentions that it is sweat and water proof. I have not really experienced whether it is water proof but it definitely is sweat proof. The biggest problem everyone of us faces with sunscreens is that it is extremely oily after application and this sunscreen is absolutely not that. It quickly absorbs into the skin and does not leave any oily or sweaty feeling behind.
- The consistency is very runny which I like since its much more convenient to apply compared to a cream
- It does not leave a whitish cast like some of the other sunscreens.
- It has SPF 50 which is kind of required for the kind of summers we face.
- This comes in a spray format unlike other sunscreens which come in tubes or bottles, much more easier to use.
- The cap fits on very nicely so it is very easy to carry around in your purse.
- Reasonably priced. Quantity is also good. This bottle lasted me for exactly 2 months.
- I don’t feel the need to use a moisturizer after using this on my body, I find it moisturizing enough.
- Cant really describe the fragrance but it smells kind of fresh and not something I am disliking.
What I dislike about the sunblock spray
- It does not list the complete ingredient list.
Other than this I cannot find anything wrong with this product and by looking at the long list of what I like and just 1 point under what I dislike I am sure you must have realized by now how much I love this sunscreen. My current bottle is almost about to get over and just to try some other sunscreen I bought the Blossom Kochhar Sunblock with SPF 50 which I have been using since Tuesday and until now if I have to compare, ,my vote definitely without any second thoughts goes to Lotus.
Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*:-*
Would I recommend this to others and re-purchase for myself : Most definitely YES!!