WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hi Everyone, 🙂
Today’s lipsticks belong to the purple/mauve family. I know a lot of you love to wear their purple colors, so this post is dedicated to all of you. Well the added benefit is that purples make your teeth look whiter so why not? 🙂
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick Fetiche 52
- Price : Rs 2,000
- Finish : semi glossy
- Color : a rosy beige color with golden micro shimmers
- Texture : smooth almost like a moisturizing lip balm
- Longevity : 2 hours
- Pigmentation : semi sheer
- Goes Best With : beautiful every day shade. Can be worn with light or dark eye makeup
- Skin Tones : light to medium
- Fragrance : rose
- Do I like It? This could be a MLBB color for a lot of people. If you have pigmented lips, I’d say skip it. It does not impart too much color to the lips. It adds a bit of plumpness and shine to the lips and adds just a hint of rosy shade to the lips. I feel this is best everyday color for those with fair skin. It is a beautiful warm shade on its own.
- Rating : 4/5
MAC Odyssey Lipstick
- Price : Rs 990
- Finish : Frost
- Color : a beautiful mid tone rosy purple.
- Texture : very smooth and does not settle in fine lines. If you have thin lips, the slight frost in the lipstick makes your lips look plumper.
- Longevity : 4+ hours
- Pigmentation : semi opaque
- Goes Best With : I’d say wear it with a mauve blush.I am wearing MAC Mocha with this lipstick.
- Skin Tones : all skin tones but would work very beautifully for Indian skin tones especially.
- Fragrance : Vanilla
- Do I like It? It is a very sophisticated color. It would go well with a lot of Indian wear. I feel it’s a nice shade if you want a polished and a bit matured look. You know sometimes for office you want that look… Thankfully it is not frosty or OTT. If you are someone who likes to wear purple lip colors, this is a beautiful shade to pick. It is a very lovely shade for winter season as well.
- Rating : 4.5/5
MAC Up The Amp :
MAC Up the Amp lipstick is already reviewed by Sabrina HERE in detail. But since I had already clicked photos for this one, I thought I might as well post them. It’s a beautiful lipstick. 🙂
MAC Cyber Lipstick
- Price : Rs 990
- Finish : Satin
- Color : a deep reddish purple
- Texture : creamy and smooth. Can be slightly drying but not in an uncomfortable way.
- Longevity : 5+ hours and it satins to a light purply shade.
- Pigmentation : super opaque
- Goes Best With : go for minimal makeup with this one. This is such a darks shade that it screams for attention on its own.
- Skin Tones : all skin tones
- Fragrance : vanilla
- Do I like it? Very very tricky shade. I don’t like it at all on myself. I feel it also makes my thin lips look thinner. But lipstick wise, I think there are no issues with it. You would definitely have to wear a lip liner underneath this. It does not bleed but since the shade is so dark, I found it super high maintenance when I tried wearing it without a lip liner. You can wear this shade as a stain as well.
- Rating : 3.5/5
Mini Reviews : MAC Lipstick Bombshell, Milan Mode, Speak Louder
10 Makeup and Beauty Products that I keep Repurchasing
Mini Review : MAC Eyeshadow Brown Down, Lucky Green, Naked Lunch
Mini Review : MAC Eyeshadow Brule, Romp, Charcoal Brown, Nehru, Tete-a-Tint
Mini Review : MAC Blush Harmony, Style, MAC Lipstick Costa Chic, Chanel La Favourite
Mini Reviews : Chanel Liberte, MAC Saigon Summer Lipstick, Maybelline Cheeky Color Coral
Mini Lipstick Review : Chanel Aventure, Chanel Superstition, MAC Myth, MAC Japanense Maple
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Sourire, Interlude ; Bourjois Color Boost Peach
Mini Reviews : MAC Lipstick Fetish, Paramount, Spice it up, Media