I have been eyeing this particular Morphe brush for a while now and bought it as soon as it was available in my local Ulta store. For past of couple of months, I have been trying and reviewing Morphe products. In this post, I am reviewing a brush that is specifically recommended for face contouring. The recommendation comes from one of my favorite beauty blogger. I adore her makeup and sometimes try to imitate her looks. She has a whole set of recommended brushes but buying them all together is expensive so, I have been buying them as and when I find some petty cash or as they become available in my local Ulta. This brush comes highly recommended by her and rightly so.
This stiff angled brush is perfect way to achieve a defined contour with precise product placement. Follow the curves of the cheekbones with cream contour products or use it to stamp in powder and clean up any muddiness.
Full Length: 7″
My Experience with Morphe E47 Small Flat Angled Contour:
E47 is a flattened face brush which is perfect for contouring and face shading. It has a long, slender stem in matte black finish and bristles are tightly held in silver metal case. The brush looks expensive, well made and the bristles are Ombre colored and are super soft to touch.
The bristles are made up of sable. They are easy to clean (I use rubbing alcohol for spot cleaning or mild dish cleaning detergent for deep cleaning), till now the brush has not shed any of the bristles. It can be used to apply bronzer in the hollows of cheeks to accentuate them. It can be used to apply bronzer on the sides of the nose, the edges of the face and hollows of neck to add more depth and shape to the face. This makes nose and face appear more well shaped and chiseled.
I also use it to set my face with a loose powder. It can be used to pat loose powder under the eye area, especially close to the water line to prevent the eye liner from smudging. Apply powder on the bridge of the nose, cupid’s bow, chin and right under the area where the bronzer is applied. The shape of the brush is such that it facilitates precise application of bronzer in the hollows of face and prevents over application of product. This is essential becaus,e it is very easy to go over-board with bronzer application and ruin the entire look. It can also be used to apply highlighter on the high points of face.
This brush is not meant for blending rather for stamping and patting of product on the desired areas of face. A separate brush is required for blending of the products.
Pros of Morphe E47 Small Flat Angled Contour:
- Affordable, well made, super soft brush.
- Comparable to other more expensive alternatives.
- Does not shed even though I use it regularly and spot clean it often.
- Has densely packed bristles which are flattened for precise application of product in the desired areas.
- Perfect for stamping and patting of product on the desired areas of face.
- Can be used to apply highlighter on the high points of face and the collar bones.
- Perfect for face contouring and gives a chiseled look to face.
- Available online on Morphe site and by other third-party sellers. It is also available in Ulta stores.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
Cons of Morphe E47 Small Flat Angled Contour:
- Availability can be an issue for some. Consumers outside USA might have to use third party seller to buy Morphe products and might be forced to pay higher than the actual retail price
- Meant only for application of product but not for blending.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Do I Recommend Morphe E47 Small Flat Angled Contour?
This makeup brush by Morphe is well-made and is perfect for face contouring. It is super soft, picks up right amount of product and applies on the desired area. I do recommend it to readers because, it is affordable and perfect to keep contouring in control.
Morphe M505 Tapered Blender Brush
Morphe M501 Pro Pointed Blender Brush
Morphe M501 Pro Pointed Blender Brush
Morphe Brushes B76 Bent Liner Brush
Morphe M442 Duo Fiber Buffer Brush
Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush – Bunny Blue
Kent TWMU3 Angled Eye Contour Brush
Colorbar Chic Cheeks Contouring Brush Review
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush Review