Hello gorgeous gals,
I reviewed the Natasha Denona Quint No. 2 for you some time back. Today, I have for you the review of the second quint that I picked up from the range – no. 4. Let’s see how it performed 🙂
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Palette 04 contains the shades:
• 25M Aura
• 31M Cool Bronze
• 63M Oxide
• 70P Cool Plum
• 59M Moonstone
This pro-quality palette features five pans of ultra-pigmented eye color in a variety of unique finishes. The breakthrough formula glides smoothly across lids, delivering vivid color payoff with a buttery-soft feel.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Why It’s Special:
- Create high-impact looks with the breakthrough formula, packed with super-concentrated pigments and finely milled minerals.
- Moisturizing botanical oils create a creamy texture that sweeps over delicate skin without any fallout. Other Details – Size: 12.5 g / 0.4 oz.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
My Experience with Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette 4:
The packaging on this one is a clean white plastic – a bit like drugstore stuff. The plastic is see through on top, helps you identify the palette in a glance, assuming you have more than one of these in your stash. The packaging is extremely minimalistic. If you look at Viseart packaging, that too is very basic. However, with this one, you feel something is amiss because there is a space provided for a brush, even when there is none included. And assuming you wanted to place your own brush inside, you couldn’t because of the length of the palette. The plastic looks like it could easily crack with a fall and I am of course, not testing that hypothesis! 😉
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
The individual pans have decent size and have a small space on the top right corner, which looks like a space to put your spatula in – in case you want to depot it. Again, not trying that either!
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
A brief on the Natasha Denona line of eyeshadows – They come in the following finishes:
1. Soft/Shimmery Satin Texture
2. Pearly Texture
3. Metallic Texture
4. Velvet/Matte Texture
Each palette contains a mix of shades – more or less in one theme – but varied finishes. However, each palette may/may not have all types of finishes in it. Some basic information on the eyeshadows, in case you are keen to buy them. They come in 4 different packaging variations:
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
1. 28-pan palette – There are two 28-pan palettes which cost about $280. There is a blue and purple theme one and the other is a green and brown theme.
2. There are these 5-pan palettes. There are about 13 variants in this. To the best of my knowledge – no shade repeats itself in another 5-pan palette. They have a mix of textures but predominantly in the same colour scheme.
3. There is one 10-pan palette with only metallic shades
4. You also have the option of buying singles to create your own palette, but the singles are priced at $25-$28 each – which in totality will cost you a bomb!
So, to me a 5-pan palette seemed a good place to try out these eyeshadows.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Back to the product in hand, this quint that I am reviewing today, has a golden bronze theme going. There are 5 shades:
• 25M Aura
• 31M Cool Bronze
• 63M Oxide
• 70P Cool Plum
• 59M Moonstone
The”M” after the number stands for “Metallic” and the “P” stands for “pearly”. So, this quint has 4 Metallic shades and a single pearly one.
- 25M Aura – Aura is a gorgeous white gold with a metallic sheen. It is creamy smooth – almost wet in application and super pigmented.
- 31M Cool Bronze – Unlike its name, it’s a warm medium dark copper shade which is super pigmented and quite metallic. There is nothing “cool” in the colour or its undertone.
- 63M Oxide – This one is the star shade from this palette – deep warm copper with red undertones – stunning in pigmentation and application and has a frosted sheen.
- 70P Cool Plum – Again, don’t know what makes this colour “cool” or “plum” because it’s a medium dark brown. It is extremely powdery and crumbly in texture, though it has a decent colour payoff. However, it does take an extra effort in blending it out.
- 59M Moonstone – Another one of the Metallic shades… This one is a bright golden peach shade with a metallic sheen.
Texture: All the shades feel very smooth and swatched nicely. The “metallic” ones are supposed to be like pressed pigment, so they are almost creamy/wet in application. These are super duper pigmented. However, this aspect does have a flip side, with the metallics, it’s easy to overapply and when you do, it emphasizes the texture of the lids. So, for young girls, this might not be an issue.However, for more mature skin, this could easily be a cause for concern. The issue can easily be remedied with a lighter application since a little really goes a long way. I have not experienced any fall out with the metallics, not during application or during the course of the day, absolutely nothing!
However, the one pearly shade that’s provided in this palette is a different story. First, I won’t be surprised if you take the shade to be a matte because the “pearl” is so very understated. The shade has decent pigmentation, but I found it to be very powdery and crumbly. So, while it swatches fairly okay, on application, it can be a bit of a pain to blend as is the case with most matte shadows. Also, while it does kick up a lot of product when you dip your brush in, as long as you tap it off, there isn’t any fall out while applying. So, all in all, it does help to have a pearly – almost matte – shade included which could help deepen the crease and/or the outer V.
Pigmentation: Pigmentation is spot on – especially of the metallic shades. A little goes a long way. You get exactly the colour which you see in the palette.
Staying Power: I have tried the shades with and without a primer. On my oily lids, I get about 6 hours of wear without a primer. So, as a rule , I prefer applying any eyeshadow with a primer. With a primer on, it stays put for close to 10 hours with minimal fading.
Some people categorically asked me about this aspect, so I am making a note here – despite the creamy texture of the product, it does not transfer across on the upper lid – which can be a case for concern for people with hooded eyes and neither does it crease.
One last bit on this – while the inclusion of the non-metallic brown may seem to make the palette more put together; however, I don’t really think its can be used too exclusively. It will work better when used in conjunction with other palettes where this one would provide a pop of shine.
Pros of Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette 4:
- Super pigmented.
- Extremely smooth, creamy texture – though a powder product.
- Look and feel is like a wet pigment – but with zero fallout.
- Long wearing.
- No creasing.
- Does not transfer.
- The colours blend easily and work very well together.
- Does not irritate my eyes.
- Good to have a single pearly – almost matte transition/crease shade included in the palette.
- Gorgeous golden copper theme.
Cons of Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette 4:
- The packaging is a bit of a downer.
This one is an absolutely stunning palette – fairly neutral and yet versatile; would be a great addition to your makeup stash. You actually get “Bang for you Buck” with this one. Having said that, do you really need it? The answer lies with you because the price point Is fairly steep but the quality is definitely there.
I would answer this question in another way. Let me rephrase the question itself! Who would need this palette:
1. Makeup junkies like me – who love trying new stuff.
2. People who do a lot of pictures/videos – on Instagram/Youtube/Snapchat, etc – because these eyeshadows really shine.
3. Make Up Artists – especially if you do a lot of bridals. This palette especially will be a boon for the India Bridal MUAs. Those pops of white gold, copper, bright peachy gold, etc., could act as game changers.
4. If you love using pigments on a regular basis but do find them a bit messy, this is an excellent alternative.
For people who are less experimental, this may not be for you. This is extremely high shine, metallic stuff. It’s like a palette of pigments, so if you prefer subtle looks, skip this. If you like your sparkly, metallic looks – and want something in your kitty which really delivers – go for it!!
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette 2
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette #6
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette #11
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette 5 – Palette #10
Viseart Sultry Muse Eyeshadow Palette
Hard Candy Sassy Eyes Sultry Eyeshadow Palette
Estee Lauder Modern Muse Le Rouge Eau De Parfum
Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Makeup Revolution Ultra Eyeshadows Eyes Like Angels Palette
Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
Covergirl TruNaked Roses Eyeshadow Palette
Sephora Collection Mild to Wild Khaki Colorful 5 Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Tea Time 5-Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette
L.A. Colors Wine and Roses 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow Palette