Nivea Fruity Shine in Pink Guava – Review
Ever since I discovered Nivea Fruity Shine in Dragonfruit, I have wanted to try all of them. I then got Strawberry, Pomegranate and now Pink Guava. The Dragonfruit used to be my favourite and it is now tied at the spot with Pink Guava!
The innovative formula of Nivea Fruity Shine with Pink Guava extract and shimmering pigments provides long lasting moisturisation and a delicious fruity flavor giving you soft and smooth lips with a light pink shimmer.
- Delights your lips with fruity flavor and long lasting care
- Enhances your lips with shimmering pigments and a delicate hint of pink
- Contains SPF 10. Protects against UVA and UVB rays
Sireesha has already posted an ingredient list in her Pomegranate balm review so I am not doing that. Now let us see if it lives up to its claims!
How Nivea fruity Shine Lip Balm Pink Guava performs
- Delights your lips with fruity flavor? Yes, it does have a fruity scent. Although I found it very similar to Dragonfruit and not even remotely Guavaish! It has a sweet taste though, something that was missing from all other variants I have tried. I also love the fact that it is a different flavor. Strawberry, mint, cherry, orange etc are common lip balm flavours.
- Long Lasting Care? Yes!!! It performs much better than the other three in terms of moisturisation. I used it at night and woke up to soft pink lips. Even in the day, I need to reapply less frequently. I haven’t tried it on chapped lips though. So no comment abt the efficacy there.
- Enhances lips with shimmers and a hint of pink? I agree about the hint of pink. Dragonfruit is a much vivid pink and gives the impression of wearing gloss. Guava is much more subtle. The effect is totally MLBB! However, it may not show up well on highly pigmented lips. Although it does contain very fine shimmer, the application is not very shimmery. The effect is more shiny and luminous. Strawberry and Dragonfruit are much more shimmery.
4. SFP 10? Let’s take their word for it. Shall we? 🙂
What I like about Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm Pink Guava
- The packaging! I adore the pale pink colour. I had a dress in the exact same shade I used to love. And I wore it for the Chooda ceremony at my Wedding. So it’s a special colour for me. 🙂 Also like the fact that Nivea has these cute little motifs on the tube that are supposed to tell you the flavor! The quantity, manufacturing date and expiry date are all mentioned on the tube and not just the outer packaging. It should be na, who keeps the packaging?
See the difference in colour? Tube to the left is Guava and right is Dragonfruit
- It is a tube! Hygienic, easy to carry around in your pocket, easy to reapply. There are times I just tuck the tube in my jeans pocket and march off into the cold winter wind. I don’t have to bother about washing my hands for reapplying in the middle of the market
- The moisturisation! It moisturizes my lips very well. Even after the shine fades off, the softness remains
- The colour! An MLBB colour, I can wear this own its own or layered under a lipstick without worrying about the shade changing. I have also layered it over unflattering maroon shade to achieve a better lip colour.
- The lightness! It does not feel heavy on the lips at all. Even if I slather it on generously. 🙂
What I don’t like about Nivea Fruit shine lip Balm – Pink Guava
- The availability! I searched high and low for the Pomegranate and this one. It isn’t stocked in all chemist shops unlike lotus / Vaseline lip balms
- The Price! At 129 a piece, it is definitely one of the more pricey balms around. Personally, I feel it is a good product that eliminates the need of lipgloss or lipstick for everyday wear and the quantity is decent. So, I don’t mind paying the bucks. But I guess that is a big reason for non availability.
Will I recommend repurchase
Yes to both! 🙂
My rating : :-* :-* :-* :-*
I have deducted half a point for both cons above.
And now for the pictures –
Have you used Nivea Fruity Shine Pink Guava Lip Balm ? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm Review
The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm Photos and Swatches
How to make Tinted Lip Balm at Home
MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner Fuchsia Fix Review
Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Balm SPF 16 Review, Swatches
Nivea Smooth Body Milk Review
Nivea Caregloss & Shine Review